New Game Format

Thunderstruck

Who likes the new format with the 4A game on Friday and the rest on Saturday. As a fan who goes to all the games I really don't care for the new format. As fan of a team playing it may be fine. But I don't think my old bones can sit through 3 games at once...two was tough....I think 3 is out of the question.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I go to all of the games, but if I was going to the games in Kentucky I would say I do not like the new format.

Who likes the new format with the 4A game on Friday and the rest on Saturday. As a fan who goes to all the games I really don't care for the new format. As fan of a team playing it may be fine. But I don't think my old bones can sit through 3 games at once...two was tough....I think 3 is out of the question.

I think it puts too much emphasis on the 4A game...Some of the teams playing on Saturday may feel as if their games aren't as important since there are two other games that day. It makes it look like theres a spotlight on the Friday night game.

There IS a spotlight on the big school championship. That's the nature of the beast...

I think it puts too much emphasis on the 4A game...Some of the teams playing on Saturday may feel as if their games aren't as important since there are two other games that day. It makes it look like theres a spotlight on the Friday night game.

I'm O.K. with it. The kids need to have as many people there as possible to cheer them. Even though I know a lot of people take the day off, the fact is most of us still work Fridays, and there's only room for one late game after work. It appears to showcase 4A this year, maybe they should rotate which class gets the Friday night game each year.

This format allows the most fans to come to a single game. Since at least one team in the 4A championship is usually going to be from L-Ville, it made since to play it on Friday.

The KHSAA is catering to fans and parents of a single team, not football fanatics or high school coaches' taking mini-vacations.

It was never fair for the 1A championship to be held on Friday afternoon.

There was a state-wide push for the KHSAA to schedule events outside of the school day which caused the football format change and some other changes from what I am told. What I don't understand here is many of the same people pushing for events to move outside of the school day are also pushing for six classes in football which will move the games back into the school days. Also, if these same powers that be (and I don't mean the KHSAA here) were so worried about championship events being played during school time they would be all over the boys and girls Sweet 16 and not one day at the football finals.

I don't care much for the change either (because I thought the two and two format was ideal) and I think if football is ever to reach any type of "event status" it needs to be two and two (or two, two, and two). :D

This year is perfect for the KHSAA because both teams that play on Friday are from Louisville and will not have to call off school (not that the state board of education has any say in private schools). This will bring a huge gate for the state. The Sat. games should have a higher attendance because the local fans from each school should be able to come (i.e.- Mayfield) because they won't have to work. The old way of doing it was pretty tough on many of the single A fans.

I love the new format. Before I knew about it I was upset that I would have to miss the A, and AA game because it would be on Friday. but now I can go want the games I want to watch and not have to stay the night at a Hotel. This is a good format for the parents of many players because many parents can not get off work on fridays. Thank you KHSAA for doing something to help out the little people in the bluegrass.