Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Game Format

Featured Replies

Who likes the new format with the 4A game on Friday and the rest on Saturday. As a fan who goes to all the games I really don't care for the new format. As fan of a team playing it may be fine. But I don't think my old bones can sit through 3 games at once...two was tough....I think 3 is out of the question.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I go to all of the games, but if I was going to the games in Kentucky I would say I do not like the new format.

Who likes the new format with the 4A game on Friday and the rest on Saturday. As a fan who goes to all the games I really don't care for the new format. As fan of a team playing it may be fine. But I don't think my old bones can sit through 3 games at once...two was tough....I think 3 is out of the question.

I think it puts too much emphasis on the 4A game...Some of the teams playing on Saturday may feel as if their games aren't as important since there are two other games that day. It makes it look like theres a spotlight on the Friday night game.

I think it puts too much emphasis on the 4A game...Some of the teams playing on Saturday may feel as if their games aren't as important since there are two other games that day. It makes it look like theres a spotlight on the Friday night game.

There IS a spotlight on the big school championship. That's the nature of the beast...

I think it puts too much emphasis on the 4A game...Some of the teams playing on Saturday may feel as if their games aren't as important since there are two other games that day. It makes it look like theres a spotlight on the Friday night game.

 

I'm O.K. with it. The kids need to have as many people there as possible to cheer them. Even though I know a lot of people take the day off, the fact is most of us still work Fridays, and there's only room for one late game after work. It appears to showcase 4A this year, maybe they should rotate which class gets the Friday night game each year.

There IS a spotlight on the big school championship. That's the nature of the beast...

 

I understand why there is a spotlight on that game, but some of the athletes in the other games may feel that their game is just as important as that one.

I understand why there is a spotlight on that game, but some of the athletes in the other games may feel that their game is just as important as that one.

As they should. Still doesn't make it true...

I hate it. For the first time since 1970 I won't be there to see Trinity in the championship.

I don't like it to much....makes the the second day way to long....especially if you have to work at the games.

I agree about it putting too much emphasis on the 4A game... just because it is 4A doesn't necessarily give it the prime time spot, BUT X and T will BY FAR put the most fans/students in Papa Johns.

This format allows the most fans to come to a single game. Since at least one team in the 4A championship is usually going to be from L-Ville, it made since to play it on Friday.

 

The KHSAA is catering to fans and parents of a single team, not football fanatics or high school coaches' taking mini-vacations.

 

It was never fair for the 1A championship to be held on Friday afternoon.

 

It was never fair for the 1A championship to be held on Friday afternoon.

 

 

I agree with this..

There was a state-wide push for the KHSAA to schedule events outside of the school day which caused the football format change and some other changes from what I am told. What I don't understand here is many of the same people pushing for events to move outside of the school day are also pushing for six classes in football which will move the games back into the school days. Also, if these same powers that be (and I don't mean the KHSAA here) were so worried about championship events being played during school time they would be all over the boys and girls Sweet 16 and not one day at the football finals.

 

I don't care much for the change either (because I thought the two and two format was ideal) and I think if football is ever to reach any type of "event status" it needs to be two and two (or two, two, and two). :D

This year is perfect for the KHSAA because both teams that play on Friday are from Louisville and will not have to call off school (not that the state board of education has any say in private schools). This will bring a huge gate for the state. The Sat. games should have a higher attendance because the local fans from each school should be able to come (i.e.- Mayfield) because they won't have to work. The old way of doing it was pretty tough on many of the single A fans.

I love the new format. Before I knew about it I was upset that I would have to miss the A, and AA game because it would be on Friday. but now I can go want the games I want to watch and not have to stay the night at a Hotel. This is a good format for the parents of many players because many parents can not get off work on fridays. Thank you KHSAA for doing something to help out the little people in the bluegrass.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.