Academies, City and Open Enrollment Schools

BGGreen

With all the bashing of the Catholic schools on these multiple public vs. private school threads; I was curious if anyone's taken the time to consider the next bunch of athleticly dominant schools, which will take the place of the X's and Trinity's if they succeed in banishing them to their own playoff system?? If these so-called "well meaning administrators" from Meade County, Lloyd and Somerset think they will move right in and start winning titles, they may want to spend a little time examining reality.

Not having the time at the moment to do the research, I still feel comfortable saying that KY athletics would still be dominated by a small number of schools, just different ones. I'm not so sure if you add up the number of titles won currently by the academies, city and open enrollment schools (Those who can and do take out-of-district kids including many who openly encourage the practice); you won't find that's the case already?

How many state titles have the UHA's, Danville's, Highland's, LCA's (both), Male's, Beechwood's, etc. of the state already won?

Thoughts??

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For starters to me it's no diffrent then what Ohio did by creating the GCL. Correct me if im wrong I have not researched in great detail so I could be off key a little. But please how can you say go open enrollment throughout the state.

Guru, I know you dont agree but its the truth you will have 300 football starts at Boone Co, 100 Baseball studs and Conner and so on and so on. Then your bring up the point of testing. What school gets all the stupid kids who cant pass the test to get into Ryle? I think everyone needs to take a step back and look at the importance of H.S. Education then H.S. Sports. It's not college no kid should be giving a grant/scholarship because he can simply run a 4.3 40. Im as big as a sports nut as the next guy. I also think H.S. sports are one the the most purest forms of sports around.

Either split them up or let these Private schools keep RECRUITING there players and waxing the public schools.

For starters to me it's no diffrent then what Ohio did by creating the GCL. Correct me if im wrong I have not researched in great detail so I could be off key a little. But please how can you say go open enrollment throughout the state.

Guru, I know you dont agree but its the truth you will have 300 football starts at Boone Co, 100 Baseball studs and Conner and so on and so on. Then your bring up the point of testing. What school gets all the stupid kids who cant pass the test to get into Ryle? I think everyone needs to take a step back and look at the importance of H.S. Education then H.S. Sports. It's not college no kid should be giving a grant/scholarship because he can simply run a 4.3 40. Im as big as a sports nut as the next guy. I also think H.S. sports are one the the most purest forms of sports around.

Either split them up or let these Private schools keep RECRUITING there players and waxing the public schools.

I have no idea what you are trying to say.

Private schools recruite students. Not players.

I don't understand your point either but I have some thoughts:

1. The GCL is just a league, nothing more, nothing less. Ohio has open enrollment again (they stopped it for several years in large part due to Moeller and some teams in northern Ohio). As a matter of fact, the public schools have been doing very well in the largest football class in Ohio as of late. This is just an example of how it can work and work well.

2. Open enrollment just means you can PAY tuition to go to school wherever you like.

3. On the testing, it is up to each individual school on how they want to do it.

Again, you (meaning every public school district that does so) can't self impose restrictions on your own school district and then complain that others won't do the same. The practice is not only stupid but it is un-american.

I don't understand your point either but I have some thoughts:

1. The GCL is just a league, nothing more, nothing less. Ohio has open enrollment again (they stopped it for several years in large part due to Moeller and some teams in northern Ohio). As a matter of fact, the public schools have been doing very well in the largest football class in Ohio as of late. This is just an example of how it can work and work well.

2. Open enrollment just means you can PAY tuition to go to school wherever you like.

3. On the testing, it is up to each individual school on how they want to do it.

Again, you (meaning every public school district that does so) can't self impose restrictions on your own school district and then complain that others won't do the same. The practice is not only stupid but it is un-american.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I was not understanding that every school in Ohio had open enrollment?? So you got one up on me. I was just trying to get at how do you make the schools have even enrollment? Even with test you would think that football players would attend school and Basketballs to another. It just seem to me even with testing your going to have enrollment way out of wack.

To tell me that private schools recruit students and not athletes is a joke. Sorry!! You have your opinion I have mine. Just one more question what would the average tution be? I mean some people have a problem paying for kids to go to schools that only ask for 99$ a year and now you want to talk about tution. So im intrested in what the average cost would be? Or would you only pay if you went out of district?