Cincinnati 38 Boston College 6

16thBBall Fan

How should the new coach at Boston College feel about his team that wanted to cancel the game after the weather delay.

Jeff has his work cut out for him but he’s gonna do well. Quite possibly the most liked OSU coach I’ve seen by players. Kerry Coombs was right there too.

Great season for UC!

I was glad to see the Cats finish strong but I wish their opponent would have been a little better.

Was talking about this at work this morning.

The American should do something to improve their bowl tie-ins.

As a Louisville fan, some of the best bowl appearances I can remember were during that brief period when the C-USA champion met the Mountain West champion in the Liberty Bowl. For the rest of my life I'll never forget the 44-40 win over Boise State in 2004.

The AAC and Mountain West should get something together where the best teams from those leagues not selected for the Group of Five spot in the New Year's Six meet in a bowl game.

That could well have given us Boise State vs. Cincinnati this year, something more entertaining (to me as a neutral at least) than the matchups we got.

Was talking about this at work this morning.

The American should do something to improve their bowl tie-ins.

As a Louisville fan, some of the best bowl appearances I can remember were during that brief period when the C-USA champion met the Mountain West champion in the Liberty Bowl. For the rest of my life I'll never forget the 44-40 win over Boise State in 2004.

The AAC and Mountain West should get something together where the best teams from those leagues not selected for the Group of Five spot in the New Year's Six meet in a bowl game.

That could well have given us Boise State vs. Cincinnati this year, something more entertaining (to me as a neutral at least) than the matchups we got.

Years ago I was more like you on this topic (how could it be better) but anymore I look at the bowls (other than the playoffs) as exploitation of student athletes and not much more so I am pretty much whatever on all of it.

Years ago I was more like you on this topic (how could it be better) but anymore I look at the bowls (other than the playoffs) as exploitation of student athletes and not much more so I am pretty much whatever on all of it.

I gave up on the notion that they'd ever can the bowls. I used to advocate for ridding ourselves of them all together but no one at the NCAA seemed interested in what I had to say.

I know, I couldn't believe it either.

Edited by Getslow

I watched a few UC games this year. BC seemed like a really poor opponent in comparison. Where would they have finished in the American?

Their offense was run heavy and their leading rusher (Dillon?) chose not to play in the bowl game.