1. 1. At my barber...

• I just walk in and get a haircut.
    • I need an appointment.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like more and more you need to make an appointment to get your hair cut at the barber.

Several years ago in Indiana, I walked into a barber shop to just get a simple haircut after work. No one was waiting and the barber was reading the paper. He refused to cut my hair (a 5 minute job) because I didn't have an appointment.

Locally I've had to use different barbers because I didn't make an appointment prior. Hair cuts aren't something I think about in advance, I just look in the bathroom mirror or truck mirror and decide that it's time.

Well, that's just terrible business.

I always make an appointment with my barber. A couple reasons, it's easy because he uses the Booksy app, and secondly you'd never get him on a walk-in basis because he is too busy. There are other guys in the shop that can do walk-ins, but not my guy.

Haven't been in a barbershop/haircut place in 10 years. Prior to that, I usually made an appointment because I was particular about who cut my hair. Never wanted to take a chance that I wouldn't get who I wanted.

I use an old school two chair barber. Don't care which one does the job both are fine barbers. I try to get there early but there are times I need to sit and wait. While doing so, we all try to solve the world's problems while waiting. It's a lot like Floyd's in Mayberry.

My Barber Shop does not take appointments, it is walk in only and you take a number.

I get my hair cut every week and sometimes I have to wait a hour or so and sometimes I jump right in the chair but usually I have to wait.

The thought of not having the same barber every time gives me anxiety. :lol2:

Not that you were speaking to me but I should have added that I wait for the same barber every week and I would only allow one of the other barbers to cut my hair in an emergency which hasn't happened for numerous years.

Not that you were speaking to me but I should have added that I wait for the same barber every week and I would only allow one of the other barbers to cut my hair in an emergency which hasn't happened for numerous years.

Nah just in general. Like I could never just go to a random shop and wait for the next available barber.

A barber told me once that the difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut is three days. A haircut is not a high priority in my life. I show up unannounced on Saturday mornings. They have just raised their price to $10. You can get cuts cheaper at the barber college----or at least you used to able to.