Calvary Christian 64 Pendleton County 57

Why? Pendleton County has lost 7 straight without Allen and Rusch for Calavary would have been the best player on the floor by far.

It's all about perceptions.

Calvary Christian is a small private school, toiling in NKAC Division III competition, with an enrollment of 129, while Pendleton County is 3A (Football) with 757 students.

The perception is that a school the size of Calvary should not be able to thump a school the size of Pendleton County, unless you are University Heights.

That's why.

Didn’t see this coming.

My next statement will be viewed by some as an excuse ,but it's not meant to be. PC was without its starting center(Booth) which factored in the loss. Calvary certainly deserves all the credit as Rusch took over the game in the second half and the one kid whose name escapes me now made five threes in the first half. Congrats to Calvary!

Calvary Christian is a small private school, toiling in NKAC Division III competition, with an enrollment of 129, while Pendleton County is 3A (Football) with 757 students.

The perception is that a school the size of Calvary should not be able to thump a school the size of Pendleton County, unless you are University Heights.

That's why.

What he said.

It isn't hard to win games when you have the caliber of player that Dontaie Allen is, but I think a much clearer picture will be drawn over the next couple of years of exactly what kind of coach the beloved Keaton Belcher is. I know it isn't en vogue to discuss a coach in high school in terms of can they or can't they coach, but at some point, as a professional, it becomes a fair topic of conversation. I know he is a statuesque figure in Pendleton Co., so I'm sure this is going to be a super popular post (sarcasm font), but if he ultimately gets on the list of great player, subpar coach, he will join a VERY illustrious list of former star players.

What coach wins at a high level without good players?

My bad, I didn't realize Dontaie was the only "good player" they had. If that is the case, with a school with 400 boys, I'm shocked to hear that.

Listen, I'm not anti-Belcher, truly, I've watched them several times over the last 3 years, and I've just never left bowled over by them (outside of Allen). I applaud any person who will give up that much time and energy for such a little monetary payment, I truly do, and I'm sure 98% of Falmouth is fine and dandy with him. I just haven't seen it. Of course, who am I? Just one dude's opinion.

My bad, I didn't realize Dontaie was the only "good player" they had. If that is the case, with a school with 400 boys, I'm shocked to hear that.

Listen, I'm not anti-Belcher, truly, I've watched them several times over the last 3 years, and I've just never left bowled over by them (outside of Allen). I applaud any person who will give up that much time and energy for such a little monetary payment, I truly do, and I'm sure 98% of Falmouth is fine and dandy with him. I just haven't seen it. Of course, who am I? Just one dude's opinion.

Woah. I wasn't talking about Allen. I'm unfamiliar with Pendleton Co. and Belcher. I wasn't aware they were some basketball factory.

That's why.

Do you know is Calvary has ever won a 37th District game against an opponent other than Silver Grove?

I would be interested to hear what you believe Coach Belcher's deficiences are.