Warriors 110 Cavs 102 Game 3 Finals

Durant with 43,13,&7 assists.

Cavs gave up so many open lanes off switches, between that and KD just too much.

Cavs D looked like they quit in the 4th quarter, even though game was close.

LBJ with another triple double.

The Cavs defense is so bad. Hard to beat a team when you have a player like Durant doing what he did tonight. Why the hell has Rodney Hood not been getting minutes? That doesn’t make any sense to me.

The Cavs defense is so bad. Hard to beat a team when you have a player like Durant doing what he did tonight. Why the hell has Rodney Hood not been getting minutes? That doesn’t make any sense to me.

Hood has been very sporadic, he got the nod tonight and played well. The minutes he got tonight were going to Jordan Clarkson

Durant with 43,13,&7 assists.

Cavs gave up so many open lanes off switches, between that and KD just too much.

Cavs D looked like they quit in the 4th quarter, even though game was close.

LBJ with another triple double.

The constant switching drives me nuts as well. On the Durant dagger, LeBron switched off with virtually no pick being set. I’m going down, it’s with LeBron manning up Durant, not Rodney Hood. Both teams do it at will. It’s why Steph ends up guarding LeBron every other possession.

Cavs defense was near the bottom of the league all season for a reason. At the rim they’ve been atrocious. Durant was a beast tonight, but all other of the main Warrior scorers were held in check. However, the easy buckets at the rim by Bell, McGhee, etc. made up the difference. And we are not talking spectacular plays, these were wide open looks.

Cavs defense was near the bottom of the league all season for a reason. At the rim they’ve been atrocious. Durant was a beast tonight, but all other of the main Warrior scorers were held in check. However, the easy buckets at the rim by Bell, McGhee, etc. made up the difference. And we are not talking spectacular plays, these were wide open looks.

This 100%

I'm going to look at G-state shot chart, because they got so many layups/dunks off the switches or defensive miscues.

Wide open. There was no rotation and at one point the commentators even commented on it. They would double team the guard up top but there wasn’t any rotation when the double team hit so it left a wide open lane.

This 100%

I'm going to look at G-state shot chart, because they got so many layups/dunks off the switches or defensive miscues.

Just curious. What defense would you employ on the Warriors ball screen? Hedge and recover is going to give up 140 points. Blitz the ball handler with two and you might get a couple extra turnovers, but you are giving up a dunk line from 3 angles if not.

It's about time to just accept this GS team is the best offense of all time, and there is no defense on the planet to slow them down. Hope they miss or get hit hard by the injury bug. 3 top 5 shooters of all time and two elite role players with multiple guys 7-10 that can hurt you because of the pace and space. That's why they can afford to switch everything on defense. Making them pay is an exercise in futility over the long haul. You can't defend them if they are average. Once they hit the gas, it's over...

Wide open. There was no rotation and at one point the commentators even commented on it. They would double team the guard up top but there wasn’t any rotation when the double team hit so it left a wide open lane.

Right. Blitz the screen, and you still are stretched out on 3 shooters. That leaves the roll in single coverage against a team with zero rim protection. Guarding this GS team is literally impossible...

Just curious. What defense would you employ on the Warriors ball screen? Hedge and recover is going to give up 140 points. Blitz the ball handler with two and you might get a couple extra turnovers, but you are giving up a dunk line from 3 angles if not.

It's about time to just accept this GS team is the best offense of all time, and there is no defense on the planet to slow them down. Hope they miss or get hit hard by the injury bug. 3 top 5 shooters of all time and two elite role players with multiple guys 7-10 that can hurt you because of the pace and space. That's why they can afford to switch everything on defense. Making them pay is an exercise in futility over the long haul. You can't defend them if they are average. Once they hit the gas, it's over...

I agree with you, and if I had the answers I wouldn't be sitting in an office chatting on BGP instead of working.

I don't know...maybe Cleveland should go under the screens instead of switching and just make GS hit 30 3's to beat you, give nothing up on drives and at the rim. Of course GS just might make 30 of them, but they wouldn't have last night. Gotta try something different, down 3-0, what they are doing isn't working so far.

The Warriors are an offensive juggernaut. I get it. But I also just watched Houston outplay them a bulk of the last series because they punked them. CP3 doesn't go down and it is Houston/Cleveland in the Finals. I don't see Golden State as some kind of transcendent force. They should have lost Game 1 and could of lost last night.

Much easier said that done, I know. Cleveland ultimately doesn't have the horses.