Former 9th/10th Region Stars

Get caught up on the college careers of former 9th and 10th Region stars who have gone on to succeed at the next level.

The article published today on the Northern Kentucky Tribune by Don Owen, features the careers of the following players:

Cooper Theobald/CovCath/Transy

James Bolden/Holmes/WestVa

Adam Goetz/St.Henry/MountSt.Joe

Bo Schuh/CovCath/Transy

Austin Schreck/DixieHeights/CapitalU

Alex Trentman/Brossart/ChritianBros

Cole VonHandorf/CovCath/FairmontState

Jake Ohmer/Scott/WKU

Ben Weyer/NCC/Bellarmine

Ethan Snapp/Newport/Urbana

Matt Wilson/CampbellCo/Army

Brandon Hatton/DixieHeights/KentuckyWesleyan,

Michael Scott/Conner/Ohio Dominican

This is the link to the story:

College notebook: Former basketball stars from 9th and 1th Regions enjoying success at next level | NKyTribune

Was sorry to see that Brent Bach from Augusta was not included. Bach had a stellar year for the Knights of Bellarmine this past season.

Get caught up on the college careers of former 9th and 10th Region stars who have gone on to succeed at the next level.

The article published today on the Northern Kentucky Tribune by Don Owen, features the careers of the following players:

Cooper Theobald/Cooper/Transy

James Bolden/Holmes/WestVa

Adam Goetz/St.Henry/MountSt.Joe

Bo Schuh/CovCath/Transy

Austin Schreck/DixieHeights/CapitalU

Alex Trentman/Brossart/ChritianBros

Cole VonHandorf/CovCath/FairmontState

Jake Ohmer/Scott/WKU

Ben Weyer/NCC/Bellarmine

Ethan Snapp/Newport/Urbana

Matt Wilson/CampbellCo/Army

Brandon Hatton/DixieHeights/KentuckyWesleyan,

Michael Scott/Conner/Ohio Dominican

This is the link to the story:

College notebook: Former basketball stars from 9th and 1th Regions enjoying success at next level | NKyTribune

Was sorry to see that Brent Bach from Augusta was not included. Bach had a stellar year for the Knights of Bellarmine this past season.

I'm guessing Bach was left off because the NKY Tribune is a Kenton/Boone/Campbell publication. I don't think it was a slight or poor reporting. No other 10th region player outside of those 3 counties were mentioned.

Brent Bach had a GREAT season at Bellarmine. Hard to understand how he was not included in the article except for perhaps lazy journalism. He led the Knights in scoring and was first-team All Great Lakes Conference.

To call Don Owen’s work lazy journalism is pull silliness. He has mentioned Brent in other articles. As rjs4470 referenced, NKY does not always include the south 10th region. The research he did on each of the kids was rather detailed. Send me the link to the Maysville journal about the other NKY kids mentioned in this article and we can chat. I’ve followed Bach and have been one of his biggest supporters. He had a great career and glad to see him blossom this year.

I apologize. I guess I was misled by the title of the article making reference to the 9th and 10th regions. I didn't understand that it was meant to only cover part of the 10th. I have removed the reference in my original post that should not have been included. Again, I apologize.

Edited by Smallhoops

It's on me for throwing out the Bach reference.

I'm sure upon further investigation there are other players from 10th or 8th Region schools who could have been spotlighted.

Agree, Campbell, Kenton, Boone traditionally comprises "Northern Kentucky."

Each of those listed are Campbell, Kenton, Boone.

To call Don Owen’s work lazy journalism is pull silliness. He has mentioned Brent in other articles. As rjs4470 referenced, NKY does not always include the south 10th region. The research he did on each of the kids was rather detailed. Send me the link to the Maysville journal about the other NKY kids mentioned in this article and we can chat. I’ve followed Bach and have been one of his biggest supporters. He had a great career and glad to see him blossom this year.

Stockwell from Boone County at Thomas More appears to left off also, might be one from SK also missing.

He did, @Mustang I'm guessing just probably got crossed up typing it out because his name "Cooper" was likely on his brain at the time. :lol2:

Guilty as charged.

By the time I had realized my mistake the statute of BGP limitations for editing had run out.

Cooper Theobald was a teammate of Bo Schuh at CovCath.

Would like to see an article or info on the kids who went on to play college ball that were not "stars" on their high school team.

7 Footer Tim Volpenhein comes to mind. Playing for Holy Cross (Covington) in the late 90's he didn't garner very much notice, but did see some limited playing time for EKU for a few years where he averaged under 5 ppg, then ended up playing pro ball in Germany for a short while.