Does Alexa laughing "randomly" creep you out?

theguru

Could Alexa be smarter than we realize?

If it happened to me I would probably crush Alexa with a hammer.

“In rare circumstances, Alexa can mistakenly hear the phrase ‘Alexa, laugh,’” when other words are spoken, Amazon said in an emailed statement. “We are changing that phrase to be ‘Alexa, can you laugh?’ which is less likely to have false positives, and we are disabling the short utterance ‘Alexa, laugh.’”

Amazon Knows Why Alexa Was Laughing at Its Customers - The New York Times

I don't have one, but you can bet your bottom dollar I would lose my mind if it did that around me. I'm quite distrustful of technology despite being in IT, and Alexa laughing at me out of the blue feels like the beginning of a slope to:

[video=youtube;7qnd-hdmgfk]

Reminds me of something I saw not too long ago...

I told my wife we had to get rid of the Echo.

She asked why and I told her I thought it was listening to us.

My wife laughed.

I laughed.

Alexa laughed.

I shot the Echo.

You're kidding yourself if you think that machine isn't listening to everything it can and collecting data.

Of course it is and it is all tucked away in some computer databases with your assigned NSA, Amazon, Google, Apple, and Facebook numbers on it.

big_brother.jpg

Of course it is and it is all tucked away in some computer databases with your assigned NSA, Amazon, Google, Apple, and Facebook numbers on it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65851[/ATTACH]

Web browsers use your search history to give you specific ads while you're visiting websites. Why would a company like amazon not try to collect as much data as possible and use special algorithms to influence you the next time that you're on their site.

This isn't big brother watching you. This is Amazon.

My alexa was spinning the other day for no reason. I said "alexa what are you doing?" she actually answered and said "I'm learning how to help you better." then it promptly stopped spinning. I think the little witch was spying on us!

Sounds like Alexa was testing you Fear.