Question for those with mechanical knowledge.

newarkcatholicfan

Waiting for the garage to call about my car and thought I asked to the question, to try and prepare me for what might be going on with my car.

I have not had any problems with my car leading up to this event.

After working out yesterday I got in my car and turned the key to try and get it started. The engine turns over but the would not start. I got a jump and that did nothing.

Any guesses?

No dummy lights came on and no funny sounds at all.

If it has just a single coil pack, if that goes bad, that too would keep it from starting too......... I miss the days when, if you had 7/16, 1/2, 9/16, and 5/8 wrench's you could just about take a car apart.

There is was a call back on the 2008 cobalt because of the ignition switch. So I have to set up an appointment at Coughlin Chevy on Newark since the switch will be replaced with no cost. There is a 7 day wait on the part before they can even schedule the appointment. I called 2 different Chevy places and both said that was the policy on recalls.

Towing so far 109 dollars and more bad news,the guy at Tire Discounters in Heath said,that might not be the reason it isn't starting but that won't be discovered until the switch is installed.

Knowing my luck it will be something else.

There is was a call back on the 2008 cobalt because of the ignition switch. So I have to set up an appointment at Coughlin Chevy on Newark since the switch will be replaced with no cost. There is a 7 day wait on the part before they can even schedule the appointment. I called 2 different Chevy places and both said that was the policy on recalls.

Towing so far 109 dollars and more bad news,the guy at Tire Discounters in Heath said,that might not be the reason it isn't starting but that won't be discovered until the switch is installed.

Knowing my luck it will be something else.

Not to thread jack, but you mentioning Newark and Heath has me craving a Sopapilla from LaPaloma's...MMMM

Now back to your regually scheduled programming, "Car Talk with NCF"

Without knowing the car type, it's hard to say on price.

As someone said above there's only 2 reasons a car won't start - No fuel or no fire.

Your situation sounds most like a fuel pump. Usually coil packs and things of that nature will make it run bad as opposed to all of a sudden not starting.

Depending on vehicle type it can be fairly cheap or real expensive. If it is just a pump, it shouldn't be too bad.

However, a number of the newer cars have high pressure fuel systems where the pump, line, everything is one part that has to be completely replaced. They're not cheap.