Why won’t Augusta schedule Mason County at home?

Just thought of this, Bracken and St Pat have both decided in a contract where the play home and away, so why hasn’t Augsua?

Would it have not been in the best interest for the fans, players, coaches, and entire region and state to have Mason County play at the 1926 gym?

Mason County playing at Augusta in 2012-2018 seasons would be very winnable games by Augusta especially at home.

Everybody wants to see it, so why no make it happen? I think it has been in 70’s the last time it happened.

Just thought of this, Bracken and St Pat have both decided in a contract where the play home and away, so why hasn’t Augsua?

Would it have not been in the best interest for the fans, players, coaches, and entire region and state to have Mason County play at the 1926 gym?

Mason County playing at Augusta in 2012-2018 seasons would be very winnable games by Augusta especially at home.

Everybody wants to see it, so why no make it happen? I think it has been in 70’s the last time it happened.

Sorry I have been to the Augusta gym once, I'm now one and done. Just not a good place to watch a game. It's time Mr. Clooney makes a donation for a new building. LOL

Is the question "why won't Augusta schedule Mason County?" or is it "since everyone is playing everyone else in the 39th District, why won't Augusta schedule Mason County so we can go to seeding the district tournament and Bracken County will then have a better shot a making it beyond the district?"

Is the question "why won't Augusta schedule Mason County?" or is it "since everyone is playing everyone else in the 39th District, why won't Augusta schedule Mason County so we can go to seeding the district tournament and Bracken County will then have a better shot a making it beyond the district?"

Actually no. Last time the following schools have hosted Mason County:

Bracken: Dec. 12, 2017

St Pat: Nov. 29, 2016

Augusta: Nov. 24, 1970

Are you catching the drift?

Actually no. Last time the following schools have hosted Mason County:

Bracken: Dec. 12, 2017

St Pat: Nov. 29, 2016

Augusta: Nov. 24, 1970

Are you catching the drift?

Yep. St. Patrick is right down the street and draws from the same community. Bracken County has a long basketball history, is next door to Mason County, and have been a long time rival. Augusta has about 50 boys, have had about five good teams in the last century, and would have only benefited about twice in the last ever playing a home game with perennial power Mason County - ironically, the years they would have most benefited were the years they beat the Royals in the playoffs anyway. So forgive me but if Mason doesn't go to Augusta until 2070 it wouldn't matter to anyone outside of Bracken County.

Yep. St. Patrick is right down the street and draws from the same community. Bracken County has a long basketball history, is next door to Mason County, and have been a long time rival. Augusta has about 50 boys, have had about five good teams in the last century, and would have only benefited about twice in the last ever playing a home game with perennial power Mason County - ironically, the years they would have most benefited were the years they beat the Royals in the playoffs anyway. So forgive me but if Mason doesn't go to Augusta until 2070 it wouldn't matter to anyone outside of Bracken County.

Excuses. Lace them up because we all know Mason County Basketball isn’t what it used to be, and probably will not return to that way for a long time. Sign a two-year contract at a time. It’s a 15-20 minute drive from Maysville-Augusta and prepares both teams for the postseason and I see no negatives to this.

• 1 year later...

Could the question be .... Has Mason County been willing to travel to Augusta in the past? I would think since the Panthers went to Mason County this season for a regular season game and not as part of a tournament, maybe the Royals will play in Augusta next season.