State Championship Officials

theguru

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I understand it, each association gets to nominate officials to work the finals and they are selected based on those nominations.

Correct.

The reality is some of these crews have no business calling state championship games.

The way I understand it, each association gets to nominate officials to work the finals and they are selected based on those nominations.

Correct.

The reality is some of these crews have no business calling state championship games.

One thing is for sure, nominations are not merit based appointments.

There is a shortage of officials everywhere. If more people would step up maybe you could drive the good ole’ boys out.

I have a friend who made the championships games this year and he is a top notch official.

Sometimes the guy who deserves it does get the call but I hear what you’re saying for sure. I’ve seen it.

The interception, catch, out of bounds, incompletion in the end zone comes to mind. Wow, how do you ever come up with a catch for a on that?

There actually are photos and some different angle videos on twitter that show that it may very well have been a TD.