State Championship Officials

theguru

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve watched all the games to this point:Disappointing...to say the least.I did feel the 1A crew was ok,but that’s a easy game to call. Stadium is equipped with replay at these stadiums,bring that on board for the championship game only and make only Td’s reviewable. Too much on the line for offficials to blow calls in the end zone.

I’ve watched all the games to this point:Disappointing...to say the least.I did feel the 1A crew was ok,but that’s a easy game to call. Stadium is equipped with replay at these stadiums,bring that on board for the championship game only and make only Td’s reviewable. Too much on the line for offficials to blow calls in the end zone.

So you want officials who never use video replay to have to use it in the state championship games? That’s a terrible idea.

An official I know and used to work with outside of football has done a few state championship games. He is a retired high school principal and retired regional athletic director. He has seniority in our area as far as officials to and honestly is one of the best officials around. He always wore a state title ring. I asked him about it once and he said he got it when he officiated one of the state title games.