Kentucky 73 Vermont 69

16thBBall Fan

Another W ...That's the good thing. I did like the way that the Cats ran their offense / spacing a little more today than in the opener. Defensively, they still have a Loooong way to go, especially on the man/man, pressuring the ball. I agree with others in that they look better in the zone. A team has to be able to play good man / lock down defense to win big and use the zone in spots, imo. This group may be a very good pressing team as well.

Vermont was a good basketball team and are very well coached, they don't try to be someone they're not, stick to their system.

Bottom line is all of us demanding U.K. fans have got to know that this U.K. bunch is going to take time. Hopefully, we will be ready to go about Feb. and March.

On a side note about J. Dykes ....at least I don't remember hearing ..."look for that nail in the floor" (on the FT line) at all. I think that he replaced it with "this is a 4 / 13 seed in March" , at least for today. :lol2:

That will be a nice top 50-75 RPI win by the end of the year. Vermont isn’t a bad team. Good early test. On the ball defense is extremely concerning.

The first mid-major rankings I saw had Vermont at #3 behind St. Mary's and Gonzaga (both top 25 teams). That is a really good win.

I honestly thought UK played a little above their heads and Vermont struggled knocking down shots in the first half, though they had good looks. One the Cats could have dropped, but they found a way to prevail. A long way from establishing an identity. Very poor on the defensive end.

Vermont was good competition, as Purdue discovered in last year’s NCAA tournament when they barely survived in their game with them. They will be in the NCAA tournament again this year.
Agreed, and I don't think they will be a one game and out team. Depending on the bracket / seeding imo they could be a sweet 16 team.