Breaking: 49ers Acquire Jimmy Garoppolo

Well there goes the Kirk Cousins to 49ers rumors in FA this off season.

I'm good with that. Makes it easier for the Steelers to grab him. I'm a Cousin-Lovin' kinda guy these days since it's obvious Ben lost his fastball and hasn't figured out pitching's finer points.

Good trade...an upgrade to the QB's on the roster last Sunday. Although Beathard may eventually be very good.

Niners still have another second round pick and two third round picks. Not to mention the possible number one overall pick.

They can start him immediately and still be OK at getting the No. 1 pick, and still be in great shape draft-wise. This is a case of "we've got all these picks, why not take a shot and see what happens?"

And they still have cap room to chase Cousins, and still have great draft options. If Shanahan and his front office are smart (and lucky, unlike the Browns), it's not going to take them long.

Good trade...an upgrade to the QB's on the roster last Sunday. Although Beathard may eventually be very good.

Niners still have another second round pick and two third round picks. Not to mention the possible number one overall pick.

They just reduced their chances for the #1 pick by taking Garoppolo. If he's as "plug and play" as they say he was in NE then he will no doubt give SF a better chance to win some games. Cleveland, on the other hand, is trying to dodge the Zero-Win bullet for the 2nd year in a row.

The question is, why is Garoppolo in SF and not Cleveland? Rumor was that Cleveland offered a 2nd rounder and some change for Garoppolo leading up to the draft and NE wanted a king's ransom. This latest trade wasn't made in the dark so Cleveland probably knew G was available but made no play for him. And Cleveland definitely needs a different QB on the roster.

This is Bill's chance to give a final middle finger to the league by signing Kaepernick.

I'm missing some context here. Was BB resistant to the league signing Kap? If so, he is looking like a genius now!

As a Pats fan, this is scary when tour starting qb is 40 years old. As far as SF goes, pat qbs that perform well in NE have a tendency to fade elsewhere (ie Mallet).

I'm good with that. Makes it easier for the Steelers to grab him. I'm a Cousin-Lovin' kinda guy these days since it's obvious Ben lost his fastball and hasn't figured out pitching's finer points.

You uh... might want to rephrase that