Should fantasy owners trade or drop Andrew Luck?

NamecipS

I’m on the side of trading/dropping him.

He’s missed all offseason, all of training camp, all preseason and probably missing his 5th regular season game this week.

He’ll need 2-3 weeks to get back up to game speed. The schedule is not going to help matters.

Wk 5 - SF

6 - Ten

7 - Jax

8 - Cin

9 - Hou

10 - Pit

11 - Bye

12 - Ten

13 - Jax

14 - Buf

15 - Den

16 - Balt

That playoff run has some tough defenses. I wouldn’t start him against Baltimore in the super bowl.

Thoughts?

(I was bored)

I didn't do my research on him before drafting him. Saw he was recovering and the prognosis was he'd be fully recovered by the start of the season so I pulled the trigger. Never realized what a mess it was. Grabbed both him and Carr late and thought I made out like a bandit for waiting on a QB. Now I don't have one. :lol2:

I don't see how he has any trade value since he hasn't played, and you don't know when he'll be back. I just can't think of any reason why someone would want him....just way too much uncertainty to give up anything to get him. That being said, I'd be hesitant to drop him, especially if my QB situation wasn't great. He's certainly going to be better than anyone you could pick up on waivers later in the season, so I'd probably lean towards keeping him. His trade value will also be much better later and if your QB situation is OK (although it doesn't sound like yours is), you keeping him now might allow you to spin him for another piece you may need later on. The problem with keeping him though, is it gives you less roster flexibility now that we are heading into bye weeks. I think I'd probably sit tight and see what I could do with waivers to address the current QB issue. Maybe you could flip him to someone who has a decent but not great starter, with a late bye week who might be able to stash him on a roster and wait out his return.

I currently picked him up to stash on my bench. Primary QB is Jameis Winston, so I don't have any bye week concerns and for the most part I don't really have to have Luck. I think Luck is an ideal stash for anyone who has a bona fide stud at QB and so aren't all that needy for the position. If Luck comes back strong, great! Then you can decide either to trade him or just have one of the best backups of anyone. If he stinks or doesn't come back at all, you can decide to drop him at some point.

Now, if you're relying on him, you're probably in a bad spot.

I don't see any reason why they would play him this year. Tank out and get a lot of good draft picks and try to surround the guy with some talent for a change.

The Colts have nothing to gain from playing Luck this year. Go 2-14, trade the pick to a team that needs a QB. Look what the Redskins gave up for RGIII a few years ago. I would demand all of that. Darnold/ Rosen/ Allen are all worth at least what the Redskins gave up for RGIII. They could dramatically change the future of the team for the next 10 years by simply giving up on this season.

The Colts have nothing to gain from playing Luck this year. Go 2-14, trade the pick to a team that needs a QB. Look what the Redskins gave up for RGIII a few years ago. I would demand all of that. Darnold/ Rosen/ Allen are all worth at least what the Redskins gave up for RGIII. They could dramatically change the future of the team for the next 10 years by simply giving up on this season.

Exactly. And in the meantime, can someone please inform WLKY in Louisville that Louisville was only a "Colts Town" while Peyton was there? Because that would be great.

The Indy Star's Stephen Holder believes Andrew Luck (shoulder) is still facing a "three-week timeline at best" to resume playing.

Luck has been ruled out for Week 5, and based on what Holder is "seeing and hearing" a Week 6 return on Monday Night Football against the Titans also appears unlikely. The Colts face the Jaguars in Week 7, and that would appear to be the best-case scenario for Luck's return. Multiple beat writers noted Luck threw the football with less velocity than Scott Tolzien at Wednesday's practice, although that was probably expected. The Colts' bye isn't until Week 11.

Stash him on your IR list (if you can do that in your league, we have 2 spots for it). Otherwise drop him, he has no value right now and even IF he does come back I wouldn't depend on him for anything, so why keep him.

Now, if you have a keeper league...that might change things a bit.

• 3 weeks later...