The Delicate Dance That is--- North Korea!!!

About a year or so I posted a topic on here asking you what nation you felt was the most dangerous on Earth. I proposed that North Korea was most dangerous . First and foremost among my reasons was their insane leader, who I feel is not only crazy but a dangerous psychopath as well.

Many of you dismissed my ranking of NK as most dangerous, saying that they had no friends in the world and that they would be easy pickings for us. Do you still feel this way?

Kim is a psychotic little boy-man who has access to nuclear weaponry that has only gotten more sophisticated in the last year. He is just as apt to wake up some morning and decide to launch missiles at Seoul as Trump is to launch his next tweetstorm at Morning Joe hosts.

Our options:

1. Diplomacy. Talk to him. Yeah, right. The guy is a cult leader. Leader of a national cult. He is a thousand times crazier than David Koresh. You see how negotiations went with him. My guess is talking to Kim won't be very productive.

2. Bomb the hell out of them. Sure, we could obliterate them. In the process, they are gonna kill ten million South Koreans. Do we want to take action that would result in tens of millions of dead Koreans?

3. China. Seems like many think pressure from China will keep Kim in line. Reminder: Kim is a nut. A cultist. He doesn't mind doing the mass suicide thing if he is squeezed too hard from China or anyone else. Besides, I don't think China is necessarily gonna be too helpful in dealing with Kim. China and Russia have different interests from us. Neither of them wants us to be a power player on the Korean Peninsula.

4. Rodman. He was just there recently and since then Kim has ratcheted up his anti-American rhetoric and tested an ICBM. If Kim wasn't mad enough before Dennis visited, he's probably even more resolute than ever to bomb the hell of something now.

5. No good options. That's how I see it. Can't talk to a crazy cult leader. Can't bomb them without killing millions of innocents.

I have not changed my opinion from a year ago. In fact, I'm more convinced than ever. North Korea is the most dangerous nation on the planet right now. Has your opinion changed? What would your best option be to deal with NK???

SF, I totally agree. I don't have any idea what you do against a guy who is literally fine if millions of his people die. Previous presidents (and not just Obama) have kicked the can down the road with NK and now we are in a really bad spot.

Agree with everything you said SF.

I'd say the best of the bad options is bomb the Hell out of them. Millions of innocents are going to die if we don't do anything with him. Might as well make sure he goes first.

Completely agree that at this point in time (the world leaders waited too long) there is no solution. Assassination of him and some of his regime is the best case scenario I can come up with now that it's too late to take military action without killing millions of people. That in it's own would likely be a hard feat given that it's a hermit state. It would still take help from the South Koreans (which I'm not sure is capable of pulling it off) or the Chinese, imo. If China and the USA could come to terms on that I imagine that it could happen, but I'm doubtful that China would agree to that.

China's trade with North Korea increased during a period where China was expected to help isolate NK. Chinese expression of support of isolating NK is lip service. Any action against NK could draw the Chinese into the conflict.

Despite that risk, conflict is now inevitable IMO.

Thanks to Obama, Iran is way more a direct threat to us.. The billions he gave them is already causing deaths around the world through state sponsored terrorism... And their nuke program is still steaming along...

We are on the short path to war with North Korea.

The tougher the USA talks the more North Korea throws it in our face.

It will be interesting to see what unknown war technologies we break out.

In short, we need to take the entire North Korean Government out by whatever means necessary. The longer we wait, the more people that will die in the end.