The Delicate Dance That is--- North Korea!!!

We are on the short path to war with North Korea.

The tougher the USA talks the more North Korea throws it in our face.

It will be interesting to see what unknown war technologies we break out.

In short, we need to take the entire North Korean Government out by whatever means necessary. The longer we wait, the more people that will die in the end.

There is a diplomatic option left, but it is risky. China has no intention of isolating North Korea as evidence by the increase in 1Q trade between the two countries. China's cooperation must be coerced. The way to do that is by nuclear arming Taiwan in response to North Korean armament. I guarantee you get China's full attention.

There is a diplomatic option left, but it is risky. China has no intention of isolating North Korea as evidence by the increase in 1Q trade between the two countries. China's cooperation must be coerced. The way to do that is by nuclear arming Taiwan in response to North Korean armament. I guarantee you get China's full attention.

Intriguing idea. But I don't think I like the idea of nuclear arms for anyone else including Taiwan.

Last thing we need is another country who can launch strikes. That's the reason why we can't attack NK now.

If we are talking radical ideas, how about we look at China and say

"this is your baby. If they launch at US, SK, Japan, or any other ally then the retaliation includes missiles aimed at Beijing."

"this is your baby. If they launch at US, SK, Japan, or any other ally then the retaliation includes missiles aimed at Beijing."

Kind of like Kennedy said to the USSR in 1962.

Kind of like Kennedy said to the USSR in 1962.

Threats do not register with the North Koreans or the Chinese. This is due in large part to the empty threats of the previous administration. Action is necessary, and arming Taiwan is about the most provocative action , short of actual conflict, I can think of.

Threats do not register with the North Koreans or the Chinese. This is due in large part to the empty threats of the previous administration. Action is necessary, and arming Taiwan is about the most provocative action , short of actual conflict, I can think of.

To be honest the back down from China goes far beyond Obama. Bush 1 did absolutely nothing to China after Tinnamen Square.

This is an interesting question posed by SF. Since Trump has ratcheted up the rhetoric with NK I have been asking myself what options are open to dealing with them as they make technological gains in their nuclear capabilities. I haven't been able to think of any good options.

One poster suggested assassination of the NK leader. I have no answers, just one question: what do you think would be the response to assassinating Kim Jong Un? There has been no success in trying this ever since the Kim Dynasty came to power. But, for the sake of my question, let's assume the assassination attempt is successful. What is the NK response? Would this solve the problem for the U.S. and South Korea?

This is an interesting question posed by SF. Since Trump has ratcheted up the rhetoric with NK I have been asking myself what options are open to dealing with them as they make technological gains in their nuclear capabilities. I haven't been able to think of any good options.

One poster suggested assassination of the NK leader. I have no answers, just one question: what do you think would be the response to assassinating Kim Jong Un? There has been no success in trying this ever since the Kim Dynasty came to power. But, for the sake of my question, let's assume the assassination attempt is successful. What is the NK response? Would this solve the problem for the U.S. and South Korea?

I've pondered this question as well, grappler. I don't know. All I know is that this country is a national cult with Kim as its leader. What does a brainwashed cult do when it's leader is killed? Mass suicide? Take as many others as possible out with them ? I don't know, grappler. It's a pretty frightening question to ponder.