Will LeBron James Ever Leave The East?

Will LeBron ever leave the east?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Will LeBron ever leave the east?

While the West continues to stay strong with teams like the Warriors, Spurs, now Rockets, and a good young trio in Minnesota. Would LeBron James ever actually ever join a West team like the Lakers or someone to have a tougher path if he leaves the Cavs?

I honestly don't think he will. He is a very smart player and smart business man. He knows his Legend will only continue to grow and most likely end up in double digits for consecutive years in making the finals by staying in the east. Where he then only has to win one best of seven series against another great team. While in the West he would have tough paths to even make the finals.

I honestly believe if James always played in the West he would only have been to the finals 2 or 3 times, but would be undefeated in the finals though.

So does anyone think he would ever actually leave the East? I don't! I can see him eventually in New York next now that Phil is out.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's leaving Cleveland and it won't be to lead a team in the East. The western quarter finals will be awesome.

I hope you're right because I would love to see him in the West. With that said I wonder what the narrative would be if he was always in the West because imo as I stated I think he would have only made the finals twice or three times at most then. However he would have been undefeated in the finals.

On the flip side I think if Durant has always played in the East with the teams he has been on. That he would be the one with all the consecutive finals appearances. So I always wonder what the narrative would be on him and James then if they had flipped conferences.

Maybe this isn't fair, but I have never seen LeBron as the most competitive of people. You can't fault him for staying in the East, but he has shrewdly played the field to make his path to winning as easy as possible. Part of that easy path is greatness, but equally as important has been the lack of star talent and front office leadership in the Eastern Conference to combat his greatness.

But as I said, who can blame him? Say his career was in the west and he had 3-4 less appearances in the Finals. His name would not be as high on lists as it presently is. If LeBron wants to take that next step with his legacy, he could go to another team and win it all. Players have been the driving force on two teams before. But never three.