Mr. Basketball Finalists

1st: Chris Vogt, Graves Co.

2nd: Travion Hollowell, University Heights; Jalen Sebree, Christian Co.

3rd: Zach Hopewell, Apollo

4th: DeAndre “Pedro” Bradshaw, Russellville; Tavin Lovan, Franklin-Simpson; Terry Taylor, Bowling Green

5th: Tony Jackson, North Hardin

6th: Jaylon Hall, Doss

7th: Clivonte Patterson, Ballard

8th: Joe Griffin, South Oldham

9th: Cole VonHandorf, Covington Catholic

10th: Jake Ohmer, Scott

11th: Taveion Hollingsworth, Paul Laurence Dunbar

12th: Peyton Gover, Southwestern

13th: Peyton Broughton, North Laurel

14th: Torell Carter, Letcher Co. Central

15th: Tim Dalton, Lawrence Co.; Trenton Russell, Magoffin Co.

16th: Hayden Roe, West Carter

Mr. Basketball Finalists

Some good stuff here on the week in HS hoops.

Would it be safe to assume that Mr. Basketball won't come from regions with multiple finalists?

I only say that because if they are not good enough to separate themselves from others in their region, how can they do that adding in all the state talent.

Would it be safe to assume that Mr. Basketball won't come from regions with multiple finalists?

I only say that because if they are not good enough to separate themselves from others in their region, how can they do that adding in all the state talent.

It's safe to say that the winner will come from Region 11 :thumb:

No Chance Moore from Fern Creek in the 6th??? In my opinion he's a top 5 candidate for Mr. Basketball with the success his team has had this season.

I was a little surprised by that also. But transferring in from the 7th and only playing 1 year in the 6th may have been a factor. I'm not saying it was, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Guest 11th insider

Don't like the process .. any system where some of the best players are left off and other players included just because of region is not the right way to do it. Guys like Chance Moore, Luke Johnson, Austin Crawford just to name a few get the short end being in tough regions. Just think a list of 15-20 finalist should be the best 15-20 kids. That's not to say this is not a tremendous list ..and all the kids deserve it. There are just some kids who are definitely in the top 20 not on the list..