Non-religious people shouldn't be in government because they 'can't ascertain truth'

Jeff Sessions: Non-religious people shouldn’t be in government because they ‘can’t ascertain truth

Jay Michaelson of The Daily Beast recalls a speech Sessions gave after receiving an award from far-right activist David Horowitz, where he claimed that “freedom of speech” depends on one’s ability to ascertain “the truth.”

“And if you don’t believe there’s a truth, you don’t believe in truth, if you’re an utter secularist, then how do we operate this government?” Sessions said. “How can we form a democracy of the kind I think you and I believe in… I do believe that we are a nation that, without God, there is no truth, and it’s all about power, ideology, advancement, agenda, not doing the public service.”

According to Michaelson, the speech has not been reported on by the media. During Sessions’ confirmation hearing this week, none of the senators brought it up during their questioning.

Jeff Sessions: Non-religious people shouldn’t be in government because they ‘can’t ascertain truth’ – DeadState

Jeff Sessions: Non-religious people shouldn’t be in government because they ‘can’t ascertain truth

Jay Michaelson of The Daily Beast recalls a speech Sessions gave after receiving an award from far-right activist David Horowitz, where he claimed that “freedom of speech” depends on one’s ability to ascertain “the truth.”

“And if you don’t believe there’s a truth, you don’t believe in truth, if you’re an utter secularist, then how do we operate this government?” Sessions said. “How can we form a democracy of the kind I think you and I believe in… I do believe that we are a nation that, without God, there is no truth, and it’s all about power, ideology, advancement, agenda, not doing the public service.”

According to Michaelson, the speech has not been reported on by the media. During Sessions’ confirmation hearing this week, none of the senators brought it up during their questioning.

Jeff Sessions: Non-religious people shouldn’t be in government because they ‘can’t ascertain truth’ – DeadState

It is that liberal media. They are covering up another story. :sarcastic: