Kings pull T-shirts

afi100guy

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair to the Kings Chinese New Year is in February also. The 8th to be exact. Their only home games before this were last night and tomorrow. I guess maybe the figured the promotion would be better for the organization to be held on a Monday night against the Bucks rather than a Wednesday night against the Bulls. I'm guessing all things equal the Bulls game would draw a better crowd on its own.

I applaud Boogie for taking a stand. He didn't invoke MJ's "Republicans buy shoes, too" line.

Poor planning by the marketing department.

This here. I also applaud the Kings for recognizing the mistake and correcting it. I get what they were attempting, but it was not the time or place.

To be fair to the Kings Chinese New Year is in February also. The 8th to be exact. Their only home games before this were last night and tomorrow. I guess maybe the figured the promotion would be better for the organization to be held on a Monday night against the Bucks rather than a Wednesday night against the Bulls. I'm guessing all things equal the Bulls game would draw a better crowd on its own.
I don't think they meant anything by it either. It makes sense, but it doesn't.

There is a village somewhere in Africa with Chinese New Year Shirts about to be delivered.

Maybe a small town in Haiti. Good call by Boog and the Kings to pull the promotion.

How bad is it that the players are calling out concerns that some front office guy/gal should have caught weeks earlier.

Maybe a small town in Haiti. Good call by Boog and the Kings to pull the promotion.

How bad is it that the players are calling out concerns that some front office guy/gal should have caught weeks earlier.

Not that this is an excuse, but I would bet the people in charge of this promo are white. Not too many white people think about Black History Month, TBH.

Not that this is an excuse, but I would bet the people in charge of this promo are white. Not too many white people think about Black History Month, TBH.

Actually they are Lilly White.

Why give teh shirts to some poor country. Dont we have enough poor over here to give them to?

I think the NBA has a huge push to make the NBA more international and obviously the Chinese market in both the US and of course China is a main focus. Just heard the same on my company call.