Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kings pull T-shirts

Featured Replies

  • Replies 31
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think biggest issue was first day of black history month.

I think biggest issue was first day of black history month.

 

I applaud Boogie for taking a stand. He didn't invoke MJ's "Republicans buy shoes, too" line.

 

Poor planning by the marketing department.

To be fair to the Kings Chinese New Year is in February also. The 8th to be exact. Their only home games before this were last night and tomorrow. I guess maybe the figured the promotion would be better for the organization to be held on a Monday night against the Bucks rather than a Wednesday night against the Bulls. I'm guessing all things equal the Bulls game would draw a better crowd on its own.

I applaud Boogie for taking a stand. He didn't invoke MJ's "Republicans buy shoes, too" line.

 

Poor planning by the marketing department.

This here. I also applaud the Kings for recognizing the mistake and correcting it. I get what they were attempting, but it was not the time or place.

To be fair to the Kings Chinese New Year is in February also. The 8th to be exact. Their only home games before this were last night and tomorrow. I guess maybe the figured the promotion would be better for the organization to be held on a Monday night against the Bucks rather than a Wednesday night against the Bulls. I'm guessing all things equal the Bulls game would draw a better crowd on its own.
I don't think they meant anything by it either. It makes sense, but it doesn't.

There is a village somewhere in Africa with Chinese New Year Shirts about to be delivered.

There is a village somewhere in Africa with Chinese New Year Shirts about to be delivered.

 

Maybe a small town in Haiti. Good call by Boog and the Kings to pull the promotion.

 

How bad is it that the players are calling out concerns that some front office guy/gal should have caught weeks earlier.

Will it be OK to put out Chinese New Year Shirts next year...the Year of the Rooster!

I cant believe they did this, talk about no tolerance toward the Chinese New Year.

Will it be OK to put out Chinese New Year Shirts next year...the Year of the Rooster!

 

Apparently the Kings had a Chinese New Year celebration last year, for the year of the goat. No reports of Jordan being offended.

Maybe a small town in Haiti. Good call by Boog and the Kings to pull the promotion.

 

How bad is it that the players are calling out concerns that some front office guy/gal should have caught weeks earlier.

 

Not that this is an excuse, but I would bet the people in charge of this promo are white. Not too many white people think about Black History Month, TBH.

Not that this is an excuse, but I would bet the people in charge of this promo are white. Not too many white people think about Black History Month, TBH.

 

Actually they are Lilly White.

 

Why give teh shirts to some poor country. Dont we have enough poor over here to give them to?

Actually they are Lilly White.

 

Why give teh shirts to some poor country. Dont we have enough poor over here to give them to?

 

Because the people in Africa won't complain about the free shirts not being politically correct.

To be fair to the Kings Chinese New Year is in February also. The 8th to be exact. Their only home games before this were last night and tomorrow. I guess maybe the figured the promotion would be better for the organization to be held on a Monday night against the Bucks rather than a Wednesday night against the Bulls. I'm guessing all things equal the Bulls game would draw a better crowd on its own.

 

I think the NBA has a huge push to make the NBA more international and obviously the Chinese market in both the US and of course China is a main focus. Just heard the same on my company call.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.