Kings pull T-shirts

afi100guy

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But seriously, the chinese new year has nothing to do with america so why do they even do it? Second, the chinese new year and black history month have nothing to do with each other so what's the problem? That would be like saying the zoos cant reveal a new ape attraction/habitat they just opened on Feb 1st. The two have nothing to do with each other!

But seriously, the chinese new year has nothing to do with america so why do they even do it? Second, the chinese new year and black history month have nothing to do with each other so what's the problem? That would be like saying the zoos cant reveal a new ape attraction/habitat they just opened on Feb 1st. The two have nothing to do with each other!

Because China has a huge population and the NBA would love to fatten their wallets with Chinese Yen. Last year the Warriors and Rockets played a game on Chinese New Year with special uniforms honoring the event. Obviously this particular matchup was on purpose by the NBA as San Francisco has the largest Chinese community in the country and the Rockets are the team that had Yao Ming.

Because China has a huge population and the NBA would love to fatten their wallets with Chinese Yen. Last year the Warriors and Rockets played a game on Chinese New Year with special uniforms honoring the event. Obviously this particular matchup was on purpose by the NBA as San Francisco has the largest Chinese community in the country and the Rockets are the team that had Yao Ming.

Thank you and well put. I just shook my head at the last post and decided to move on.

Ok what I should have said is: it has nothing to do with us average Americans that watch or go to NBA games. Therefore the chinese new year does not affect me and most others. Only the NBA will benefit from this action. I doubt any body inside the NBA that is not chinese truly celebrates this. I know it's for the money, with no meaning at all behind it.

Because the people in Africa won't complain about the free shirts not being politically correct.

I doubt that guy living under the bridge or that kid in a homeless shelter will even know who Demarcus Cousins is or anything about the shirt.

They Probably wouldn't care to have a shirt with a monkey on it over the rags they have to wear.

But no let's send it somewhere else besides here.

I didn't have a problem with the promotion but I also didn't have a problem with them listening to players concerns and pulling it.

It's obvious there was no ill will behind the promotion but if players are offended pull it. I know the west coast has a large Asian population so it makes sense. Probably wouldn't make sense in KY.

It means something to Chinese Americans.