2019 Jack Kaelin NKY Freshman Invitational Tourney

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an early prediction but Final Four to me looks like Holy Cross/Highlands in top bracket and CovCath/Walton Verona in bottom. Highlands may have trouble with Beechwood though so that game could be a tossup.

Cov Cath should win this tournament but you never know.

Holy Cross is a team that could beat any team in this tournament. They are well coached and if Spencer Macke is on he will light up the scoreboard. Ty Houston is another Holy Cross player that can score big numbers.

With that said, St. Henry beat Holy Cross earlier in the season (maybe twice?). So do not go to sleep on the Crusaders either.

I think it used to be considered the Ninth Region freshman tournament, in the days when Walton, SK and Campbell were still in the Ninth. I am glad that they made it an invitational, and kept Walton and SK in it, but I also wonder about why not Campbell. Love their kids and team, and I would have liked to have seen them in it, and I probably would have made them the favorite by virtue of their win over CovCath. Not to take anything away from Walton, because the addition of Miles in the middle makes that a very complete squad as well. Oh well, should be fun. Wildcard in the mix is Holmes IMO ... Greene is now playing frosh (had been JV only) and Big L is playing better. They could surprise .....

I think it used to be considered the Ninth Region freshman tournament, in the days when Walton, SK and Campbell were still in the Ninth. I am glad that they made it an invitational, and kept Walton and SK in it, but I also wonder about why not Campbell. Love their kids and team, and I would have liked to have seen them in it, and I probably would have made them the favorite by virtue of their win over CovCath. Not to take anything away from Walton, because the addition of Miles in the middle makes that a very complete squad as well. Oh well, should be fun. Wildcard in the mix is Holmes IMO ... Greene is now playing frosh (had been JV only) and Big L is playing better. They could surprise .....

So Holmes is bringing down Lawrence?