Ryle 79 Conner 73

Ryle played really well. The final result is more of the latter, rather than Conner coming out flat & laying an egg. Both teams played with a lot of energy, which isn't always easy to do on a Saturday afternoon in a mostly empty gym.

Ryle made big-time adjustments from the previous game with Conner, especially as it relates to handling Conner's full-court pressure. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say Ryle probably scored 50 or so of their 79 points on lay ups. I realize that has been Conner's M. O. this year, and they've had a lot of success forcing turnovers, but I have to think you have to call off the press at some point to stop the Ryle lay up line and see what they can do in a half court set.

No injury excuses for Conner in this one, as Hemmerich, Cook, and Supernaut all were back in uniform and played yesterday. Hemmerich, understandably, looked rusty but got better as the game progressed. Unfortunately, the injury bug did hit Conner once again when Garnett left the game early in the 4th Qtr. X-rays after the game confirmed he has a broken nose.

Welcome to the 33rd, where the unpredictable becomes the ordinary!

Ryle played really well. The final result is more of the latter, rather than Conner coming out flat & laying an egg. Both teams played with a lot of energy, which isn't always easy to do on a Saturday afternoon in a mostly empty gym.

Ryle made big-time adjustments from the previous game with Conner, especially as it relates to handling Conner's full-court pressure. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say Ryle probably scored 50 or so of their 79 points on lay ups. I realize that has been Conner's M. O. this year, and they've had a lot of success forcing turnovers, but I have to think you have to call off the press at some point to stop the Ryle lay up line and see what they can do in a half court set.

No injury excuses for Conner in this one, as Hemmerich, Cook, and Supernaut all were back in uniform and played yesterday. Hemmerich, understandably, looked rusty but got better as the game progressed. Unfortunately, the injury bug did hit Conner once again when Garnett left the game early in the 4th Qtr. X-rays after the game confirmed he has a broken nose.

Welcome to the 33rd, where the unpredictable becomes the ordinary!

Good summary, thisguy! And hope Garnett recovers from his injury soon.

Ryle 79, Conner 73

Conner-Connley 5 0 12, Gambrel 1 0 2, Scott 8 1 20, Padgett 3 1 9, Garnett 4 0 8, Cook 2 0 5, Hemmerich 4 2 10, Surprenant 1 0 2, Alimardani 2 0 5. Totals: 30 4 73.

Ryle-Owens 5 4 15, Cheesman 2 8 12, Turner 6 8 22, Legg 0 2 2, O’Hara 3 4 10, Kirschler 5 2 12, Webster 3 0 6. Totals: 24 28 79.

Halftime: C 36-33. 3-pointers: R 3 (Turner 2, Owens); C 9 (Scott 3, Connley 2, Padgett 2, Cook, Alimardani).