Too much for clothes?

CowboyDad

At what point to you draw the line?

I mean, these are kind of like the extreme of the spectrum but I have a friend that bought a pair and he just raved and told me I should get a pair.

145 bucks for khakis?? I should've been a lawyer like him.

So what is the limit anymore? I looked at a pair off of Duluth's site online and they want 70 bucks a pair.

I guess I'll stay at the Penney's level of about 20-30 bucks.

Pants for Men | Bills Khakis

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

With most clothes you get what you pay for, but at some point the difference between a $100 pair of jeans and $400 pair is minimal. More power to you if you want to get clothes on the cheap; who doesn't want to buy cheap? But do not kid yourself in to thinking the quality doesn't show when you want to go cheap.

It just depends on your financial situation.

I stick with Kohl's for my khakis because they're cost effective.

However, there's no doubt in my mind that some of the high-end brands are a much better pair of pants.

It's the same thing with dress shirts. I typically go to Kohl's or somewhere similar for my shirts, but I do have a couple from high-end places that I've purchased with gift cards or gotten off clearance (Lacoste for example). There is absolutely no arguing that the Lacoste shirts are heads and shoulders better quality, but they should be for the price tag.

However, there's no doubt in my mind that some of the high-end brands are a much better pair of pants.

It's the same thing with dress shirts. I typically go to Kohl's or somewhere similar for my shirts, but I do have a couple from high-end places that I've purchased with gift cards or gotten off clearance (Lacoste for example). There is absolutely no arguing that the Lacoste shirts are heads and shoulders better quality, but they should be for the price tag.

Exactly. We had a thread on this recently. I buy Brook's Brothers dress shirts. There is no comparison in the quality, how well they hold, and how well they iron.

Agreed, comparing my polos from Kohls and the ones from Banana Republic. There is no comparison. Now BR isn't some crazy super duper expensive place but you can tell the difference.

Do most of my shopping at Kohl's and not ashamed of it haha.

If it's not on sale or I don't have a coupon I'm usually not buying it unless it is an emergency.

Jean and Khakis, I'm not paying over 25 each. I wear Khakis pretty much everyday to work.

shorts the same way.

Usually hit clearance sales.

I typically stock up on dress/work clothes at the outlet mall when in Destin or Gulf Shores. I usually load up at the Izod outlet. Can get polo's or button up shirts for $20-$25 each (some times less). Also get pants for about the same. If I buy anything through out the year it will normally be at Kohls. As far as Jeans I will typically spend a little more. Buckle is probably my favorite but I try to get them on clearance or online factory seconds. I won't drop $80 on one pair for regular price. Their Reclaim line is really nice and won't break the bank.

I buy a ton of higher end stuff on EBay. I also buy nicer stuff from places like Nordstoms on clearance. I rarely buy at full price retail. My work clothes (dress shirts, dress pants, shoes) I typically stick to the higher end brands. I do tend to go cheap for my everyday stuff.

And for the record, I hope to one day be in a position where I can buy Brooks Brothers, BR, Locoste, etc. without a thought. Not at that point yet, or very close even. :lol2:

My blue Brooks Brothers blazer cost a whopping $1.00 Looks like new.