Alabama High School Coach Salaries

Clyde

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading some of the comments below really defines the hater attitude that people have while also expecting so much out of these guys. So many of the comments said they should coach and teach for the love of it LOL.

Someone said it best. You're not exactly buying a house in the Hamptons with 120k. We pay Congress more to get less done.

I may have looked over it,but I didn't see an explanation of how many guys don't teach, and make that money. Even the Hoover coach had classroom responsibilities. What is the football stipend only?

Crazy. I did not read the link. Do these schools have high attendance and use revenue from the gate to support those salaries? Where does the money come from to pay them?

I'd say from community boosters and/or businesses make up the difference after the school pays their part.

High dollar guys in Georgia, too.

I'd challenge some of you to go to your local school systems board of ed and request to see the stipends over the last 30 years. You'd be shocked at how little (if any at all) those have increased in comparison to ANY wages paid, across all all employment.

High dollar guys in Georgia, too.

I'd challenge some of you to go to your local school systems board of ed and request to see the stipends over the last 30 years. You'd be shocked at how little (if any at all) those have increased in comparison to ANY wages paid, across all all employment.

For those of us that are ignorant of the system, tell us what you are referring to. Who gets a stipend and why would they?

Salaries in Alabama usually have an amount from the school district and then other $$ from boosters or city.. Schools are usually tied to one city not county. Most of the head coaches have 1-2 classes that are called athletics-- meaning football practice for the football players. Why does Hoovers coach have 4 classes? Cuz he wants to.. His job is FULL TIME and has a numerous amount of off field responsibilities.. TV show- radio show. Plus 7 years of making it to the state game isn't to bad

If the schools can afford it and bring in enough revenue each year from their football games, then I have no issue at all with what they make. If they can make that much then good for them.

How bout if that was a school from NKY that was paying their FB coach that much. Wonder how folks would feel.