My Fandom Moral Dilemma

mexitucky

I am ecstatic that the Harrisons' are leaving. Their lack of BBall IQ has been infuriating to watch. That being said, their guts, the desire to take the big shot, I really respected. Saturday night was a perfect microcosm of that. Their desire to show up big kept UK in the game in the first half, and ultimately played a huge part in taking a lead that they later lost at the half. In the second half, they played twins v 5, and 3 shot clock violations later, UK lost all momentum and the lead. I want to cheer that they are gone, but I kind of am afraid that they won't be replaced when a shot needs to be taken. Anyone else feeling similarly?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am ecstatic that the Harrisons' are leaving. Their lack of BBall IQ has been infuriating to watch. That being said, their guts, the desire to take the big shot, I really respected. Saturday night was a perfect microcosm of that. Their desire to show up big kept UK in the game in the first half, and ultimately played a huge part in taking a lead that they later lost at the half. In the second half, they played twins v 5, and 3 shot clock violations later, UK lost all momentum and the lead. I want to cheer that they are gone, but I kind of am afraid that they won't be replaced when a shot needs to be taken. Anyone else feeling similarly?

If Booker were coming back I would vote him as being that gutsy and with better shooting skill. But you are right, they stepped up in that first half and looked at the others like "What's wrong with you guys?" But the 2nd half they probably feasted on that "Must carry the team" attitude that hurt them in the crunch moment.

It is almost as if you pulled this straight out of my head. I have had a love/hate relationship with the Harrisons, particularly Andrew. I wish them nothing but success going forward, but that lack of basketball IQ that you mentioned (not to mention limited quickness) will hurt them.

It is almost as if you pulled this straight out of my head. I have had a love/hate relationship with the Harrisons, particularly Andrew. I wish them nothing but success going forward, but that lack of basketball IQ that you mentioned (not to mention limited quickness) will hurt them.

This right here. Also, I've questioned how physically tough they are....not a knock, I was a completely different player my senior year of college than I was my sophomore (granted, it was in football..but, still).

Their footwork worries me, and that's not something you can drastically change.

This right here. Also, I've questioned how physically tough they are....not a knock, I was a completely different player my senior year of college than I was my sophomore (granted, it was in football..but, still).

Their footwork worries me, and that's not something you can drastically change.

What do you mean? Apollo Creed drastically changed Rocky's footwork in less than 2 hours!

The Harrisons did great things at UK, but as a fan of another team, I can absolutely understand the sentiment. Louisville fans love few things more than hating on whoever the point guard is. Even Peyton Siva took his fair share of criticism around here during the bad stretches.

Any fan who doesn't have a love/hate relationship with his/her favorite team's point guard doesn't care enough. :lol2:

The Harrisons did great things at UK, but as a fan of another team, I can absolutely understand the sentiment. Louisville fans love few things more than hating on whoever the point guard is. Even Peyton Siva took his fair share of criticism around here during the bad stretches.

Any fan who doesn't have a love/hate relationship with his/her favorite team's point guard doesn't care enough. :lol2:

I don't think it has that much to do with Andrew being the point guard as much as it has to do with their selfish play. Aaron was not the PG yet many of us were ready for him to leave also.

UK would be better for having them back next year. Slow defensively but they play hard and are not afraid. We'll miss them more than we realize.

I'd take Ulis and Booker over Andrew and Aaron.

They did good things at UK and I'm thankful for that, but they made me scratch my head and want to throw things through the TV more than not the last 2 years.

Kentucky fans got to watch 79 out of 80 possible games since the twins arrival. For a fan base as crazy about watching the Cats as BBN, that is special.

Yes they made us scratch our heads sometimes, but if the game is on the line I want these two on the floor. They were the staple of an incredibly fun and entertaining two year span. I tip my cap and wish them the best.