My Fandom Moral Dilemma

mexitucky

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's amazing that UK fans are so happy to see two kids go who did nothing but win. They helped hang two banners (albeit not championship ones) in their two seasons in Lexington. They were outstanding during their time here. They had unrealistic expectations, which is no fault of their own. I'm sad to see them go.

I'm blown away. The twins are two of my all-time favorites. Their two-year span at UK will go down as one of the all-time greatest and most fun with a large part of both directly attributed to their contributions.

God, UK fans really do suck...

That's the dilemma. They were great in spurts and terrible in spurts. Leaving their feet continually to throw a pass behind them, or blindly driving into the lane to hopefully pick up contact would be followed by 2 huge 3s and an and 1. I personally didn't like how much control they had. If they were to comeback, let Ulis have point duties and those two as off guards....have at it.

Let's not forget how great James Young and Randle were in 2013 on that Final 4 run. Aaron hit huge shots, but let's not pretend that that team sniffs that position in the game w/out Randle going man-child, or Young finally figuring it out.

It's amazing that UK fans are so happy to see two kids go who did nothing but win. They helped hang two banners (albeit not championship ones) in their two seasons in Lexington. They were outstanding during their time here. They had unrealistic expectations, which is no fault of their own. I'm sad to see them go.

Outstanding is a very strong compliment. They were good. I don't recall them ever being, "Outstanding." Had they been, they may both get drafted.

Outstanding is a very strong compliment. They were good. I don't recall them ever being, "Outstanding." Had they been, they may both get drafted.

I'm confident they'll both be drafted.

They went 67-12 in two seasons in Lexington. They led the team to 2 Final Fours, one of which was the national runner-up. Aaron hit 3 of the most important clutch shots you'll see. Andrew had more assists than any other 2 year player in school history.

They were good far more often than not during their time, and they will definitely be missed next season. Just boggles my mind that people are happy their leaving.

Things like this makes me realize why so many people hate us UK fans. I really feel like some of us have forgotten that freshman and sophomores are going to make mistakes and these during their two years here were only freshman and then sophomores. So yes the Harrison Twins did have their share of head scratching plays during their two years, which guess what freshman and even sophomores are going to have those moments. Yes they were not two top 10 players that are going to be all star type players in the NBA. They were two talented college players that won a lot of games while here at UK. They were two players that helped UK go to two final fours. They hit big shots that got us to those final fours, something that our former #1 overall draft pick pg couldn't even do. They both were players that definitely were better their 2nd year here than their first year here. So why people would want them gone when they probably would once again become better next year is beyond me.

I will add that UK will be fine, but I don't get why people would want them to be gone. They only were going to keep getting better here each year.

I'm blown away. The twins are two of my all-time favorites. Their two-year span at UK will go down as one of the all-time greatest and most fun with a large part of both directly attributed to their contributions.

God, UK fans really do suck...

You're painting with too large a brush my man.

The majority have had a thrill watching the two brothers perform. True BLUE fans will miss them.

You're painting with too large a brush my man.

The majority have had a thrill watching the two brothers perform. True BLUE fans will miss them.

I can be a UK fan and not see the Harrisons as great players. They were good, but I never felt like they were great.

The fact that you're "ecstatic" to see them leave puts you in the 18% my man. :lol2: :D

Can you imagine those two leading a team next year w/out any other players to check them???? They'd get 70% of the shots. If Lyles was coming back, or Booker and they came back, I'd be happy with it. Having them in the leadership role....no thanks.

Can you imagine those two leading a team next year w/out any other players to check them???? They'd get 70% of the shots. If Lyles was coming back, or Booker and they came back, I'd be happy with it. Having them in the leadership role....no thanks.

Yes I can imagine it. They are two players that did get a lot better their sophomore year from their freshman year. So I would have been very excited to see how much better they probably would get from their sophomore to junior seasons. We UK have been spoiled but with us being spoiled we have seemed to forget that players actually can get better the longer they stay in school. We are so use to seeing them be great right away, that we forget that players do change and get better. I would have loved to seen them lead the team next year and probably seen a lot of 3 guard lineups with them two and Ullis.

I think what hurt the Twins were both of their demeanors a big portion of their Freshman seasons coupled with their lack of quickness. Cal would call them out for it to, and they took it like champs. Without the twins UK is eliminated against Wichita State and I feel confident in saying they would not have been as dominating as they were this season. If you are happy to see that leave I do not know what to tell you. People's expectations for 18-19 years old kids is unrealistic. Guess what, they had some growing up to do... who didn't at that age? They also get little credit for having to take a back seat this season. And again, they took it like champs.

I don't think that is in their DNA like many believe. People sometimes confuse selfishness with making a wrong play. I can count numerous times they passed up on opportunities to get others involved. Sometimes they took bad shots, but I never misconstrued that for being ball hogs.

I don't think that is in their DNA like many believe. People sometimes confuse selfishness with making a wrong play. I can count numerous times they passed up on opportunities to get others involved. Sometimes they took bad shots, but I never misconstrued that for being ball hogs.

we will agree to disagree. Them in charge scared me to death.