John Calipari is a Hall of Fame Coach

born2reign

Its so aggravating to hear people who say "He's not even a coach, just a master recruiter."

1 Championship, 4 Final Fours, and convincing the best 19 year olds in the world to play 20 minutes a game for the better of the team. NEWS FLASH: These things are a huge part of coaching.

Its so aggravating to hear people who say "He's not even a coach' date=' just a master recruiter." 1 Championship, 4 Final Fours, and convincing the best 19 year olds in the world to play 20 minutes a game for the better of the team. NEWS FLASH: These things are a huge part of coaching.[/quote']

Unless you rewatch the last 3-4 mins of the Wisky game lol. I still love him though.

Coach Cal on Facebook & Twitter:

"This is going to be hard for people to understand, but I was at a loss for words when I got the call for the Naismith Hall of Fame. I was overwhelmed but so grateful. I would imagine other recipients felt how I feel now: unworthy of such an honor, but appreciative. As a coach, this honor means that many parents entrusted you with their sons and many players entrusted you with their careers. I'm indebted to all of the players, all the families, all of the staffs and all the administrations that have helped me build these programs."

Congrats to Coach John Calapari on this Honor. I thought that it was deserved. Also, I was just as glad to see that Louie Dampier earned his place in the hall, another well deserved honor for one of the U.K. all time greats.

On a side note - Bo Ryan absolutely deserved to be chosen and hopefully will be soon.