Steve Spurrier Doesn't

PurplePride92

............pick Tim Tebow to the Preseason All SEC team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4352863

Thoughts.........?

I personally feel Tebow will win the Heisman...again....and Florida will win the BCS National Championship.....again.

Anyone else surprised by Spurrier's actions and did he just guarantee a 30+ point whipping with no mercy from the Gators this year?

Well, honestly, I think the fact that this is such a big deal is a bit ridiculous. So the guy didnt vote for him, big deal, its not like he voted for Mike Hartline as his choice, he picked Jevon Snead who is a very good Quarterback. If anything, this is going to give Tebow extra motivation this season, so maybe the Head Ball Coach was bringing Tebow down to Earth a bit with this vote.

Also, I just head on the radio that he said he had an aid fill out his ballot and didn't know and he publicly changed his vote to Tebow. What a joke!! Just admit it, very lame move IMO

Isn't Spurrier the same guy who used to annually vote Duke at #25 on his preseason coaches poll ballot?

Ultimately, does it really matter? Will there be one single person on the entire globe who will even remember that Tebow wasn't a unanimous choice? Right now I can't remember who was chosen first team and I just looked a list a little while ago.

As always, much ado about nothing.

This is really not a big shock. In fairness, I guess you could justify it since Snead did beat Tebow at Gainsville last season. Not saying I would... just saying.

More importantly, I do not think Spurrier really cares what anyone thinks.

............pick Tim Tebow to the Preseason All SEC team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4352863

Thoughts.........?

I personally feel Tebow will win the Heisman...again....and Florida will win the BCS National Championship.....again.

Anyone else surprised by Spurrier's actions and did he just guarantee a 30+ point whipping with no mercy from the Gators this year?

Ah, why would that surprise you from Spurrier, he is very jealous of the success UF has had in the last few years. Not to mention his team is really kind of pathetic.

And they were going to lose by 30 regardless, remember last season?

Well, honestly, I think the fact that this is such a big deal is a bit ridiculous. So the guy didnt vote for him, big deal, its not like he voted for Mike Hartline as his choice, he picked Jevon Snead who is a very good Quarterback. If anything, this is going to give Tebow extra motivation this season, so maybe the Head Ball Coach was bringing Tebow down to Earth a bit with this vote.

Also, I just head on the radio that he said he had an aid fill out his ballot and didn't know and he publicly changed his vote to Tebow. What a joke!! Just admit it, very lame move IMO

You could vote Snead IMO. I'd vote Tebow, but you could make a good argument I guess.

All this means is that I'm going to watch Florida v SC this year to watch Tebow reign hell on Spurrier.

After last year I don't think I can watch another beat down of Spurrier by Urban Meyer.

The guy at Ole Miss is a better QB than Tebow. I think he just gave his honest opinion.

Pro-wise? College-wise? Maybe better pro potential, but at the college level I don't know if you could even but McCoy or Bradford as being a better player at the QB position.

The guy at Ole Miss is a better QB than Tebow. I think he just gave his honest opinion.

Hmmm.

Hard to go against a guy that has 6,390 career passing yards, 67 passing TD's, and just 11 INT's, which is complimented with 2,037 career rushing yards and 43 rushing TD's. Oh yeah, he's also won the Heisman trophy and a National Championship (2x).

From looking at their per-game statistics, which QB would you least want out of these?

QB A: 15-27 (56.3%) for 230 yards, 2 TD's and 1 INT.

QB B: 15-23 (64.4%) for 211 yards, 2 TD's and .3 INT.

QB C: 18-27 (66.9%) for 253 yards, 2.5 TD's and .5 INT.

I doubt it was a mistake, and whether he believes Snead is better was probably secondary...

I believe Spurrier just likes to do stuff like this for a reaction. These pre-season polls are meaningless anyway, so he uses them to liven things up a bit.

I don't buy that it was a mistake either. I agree with 5wide. He just wants to see the reaction. Yes, it is meaningless. And as for what Bugatti said earlier, I agree that Steve Spurrier really doesn't care what we think. He's sitting behind his desk laughing.

From looking at their per-game statistics, which QB would you least want out of these?

QB A: 15-27 (56.3%) for 230 yards, 2 TD's and 1 INT.

QB B: 15-23 (64.4%) for 211 yards, 2 TD's and .3 INT.

QB C: 18-27 (66.9%) for 253 yards, 2.5 TD's and .5 INT.

Which team would you rather surround the QB with:

A: Ole Miss

B: Florida