Steve Spurrier Doesn't

PurplePride92

I doubt it was a mistake, and whether he believes Snead is better was probably secondary...

I believe Spurrier just likes to do stuff like this for a reaction. These pre-season polls are meaningless anyway, so he uses them to liven things up a bit.

I completely agree.

I don't really care, I think Spurrier is of any former program or team that does well after he's gone. Heck, if Duke started winning he'd knock them.

I'll go on record as saying if I wanted a QB built ready for an NFL roster right now, it'd be Snead in a heartbeat over any other quarterback in the country apart from Robert Griffin, but you don't anyone in the country over Tebow at QB this year, or really any other time in history.

My 1st guess when the stink was raised was that it was "the ole ball coach". Has to be kicking himself for ever leaving Fla.

Thank god he did, and thank God Jeavan Snead de-committed from UF as well, since we're discussing it.

My 1st guess when the stink was raised was that it was "the ole ball coach". Has to be kicking himself for ever leaving Fla.

Spurrier is a joke. Sure he looked good in the 90's, but lets be honest he was just ahead of his time. He knows that. It's why SC is no good with him, people figured out his stupid Fun-and-Gun offense.

The best Spurrier moment of the recent years was the fake FG by LSU a few years ago. Sort of signified that things had gone full circle.

Spurrier is arrogant for no reason, he got his name for winning conference championships when the SEC was relatively down during the mid-to late 90's. Not to mention he started the whole "we're in the SEC so we don't have to play anyone in the OOC schedule" (which was an excuse to not play the U, and to try to get out of the game vs FSU). Spurrier is a jerk and he will continue to get what he deserves as long as coaches like Saban, Meyer, Nutt, Petrino, heck even Les Miles and Dan Mullen are around.

Spurrier is jealous because Meyer has the Gators at heights that were never before possible at UF. UF is flooded with talent, is the odds on favorite to win the title (which would give Meyer 3 to Spurriers 1), and kids want to go there, people want to watch them.

Spurrier can vote for anyone he wants, he's a joke and no one should take him too seriously.

Spurrier is a joke. Sure he looked good in the 90's, but lets be honest he was just ahead of his time. He knows that. It's why SC is no good with him, people figured out his stupid Fun-and-Gun offense.

The best Spurrier moment of the recent years was the fake FG by LSU a few years ago. Sort of signified that things had gone full circle.

Spurrier is arrogant for no reason, he got his name for winning conference championships when the SEC was relatively down during the mid-to late 90's. Not to mention he started the whole "we're in the SEC so we don't have to play anyone in the OOC schedule" (which was an excuse to not play the U, and to try to get out of the game vs FSU). Spurrier is a jerk and he will continue to get what he deserves as long as coaches like Saban, Meyer, Nutt, Petrino, heck even Les Miles and Dan Mullen are around.

Spurrier is jealous because Meyer has the Gators at heights that were never before possible at UF. UF is flooded with talent, is the odds on favorite to win the title (which would give Meyer 3 to Spurriers 1), and kids want to go there, people want to watch them.

Spurrier can vote for anyone he wants, he's a joke and no one should take him too seriously.

:thumb:

I couldn't agree more.

Apparently Spurrier did not do his own voting, another from his office actually did the voting. What this shows is that coaches either don't have the time or the concern to properly cast votes in this instance and probably in "coaches polls". I think this makes SS look really bad.

I couldn't disagree more about Spurrier. The man owned the best confrence in football. No doubt he is arrogant but his record speaks for itself. He won at Duke for goodness sakes lol! When you are at Fla it's the Jimmy's and Joes as much as anything. Myer is an excellent recruiter. He put Utah in the BCS for goodness sakes lol. Love his system but he gets players much like a Stoops.

I couldn't disagree more about Spurrier. The man owned the best confrence in football. No doubt he is arrogant but his record speaks for itself. He won at Duke for goodness sakes lol! When you are at Fla it's the Jimmy's and Joes as much as anything. Myer is an excellent recruiter. He put Utah in the BCS for goodness sakes lol. Love his system but he gets players much like a Stoops.

Spurrier was a little ahead of his time and that lead to his success, IMO. The game has caught up to him and he doesn't look like an offensive genius anymore.

Spurrier was a little ahead of his time and that lead to his success, IMO. The game has caught up to him and he doesn't look like an offensive genius anymore.

Has nothing to do with being at the University of South Carolina instead of University of Florida. I agree he was ahead in the passing game but that makes him a good coach in my book. I don't buy the game has passed him by. I think if you put him back at the University of Florida then he would light it up again. I don't think he's as good as Myer but I also don't by he's "a joke".

Has nothing to do with being at the University of South Carolina instead of University of Florida. I agree he was ahead in the passing game but that makes him a good coach in my book. I don't buy the game has passed him by. I think if you put him back at the University of Florida then he would light it up again. I don't think he's as good as Myer but I also don't by he's "a joke".

When he came to Duke and UF, they really weren't that much different than South Carolina. He has had some talent, and if UK and Vandy are any example enough talent to win in the SEC. An offensive genius can score points in the SEC, look at the staff that UK had in Mumme, Leach, and Franklin, those were offensive masterminds. To score points with those teams was a miracle.

Spurriers act is old. He was ahead of his time and that is where he found his success. Look at the things that worked for him in the past, but now seem stupid. One is his offensive ideology. For other examples look at his stupid trick plays (the play against UF), or switching QB's (look no further than last year). I don't buy SC being an excuse, coaches go places all the time and turn them into winners.

Were UF and Bama title contenders when Meyer and Saban took over? No. They turned them back into powers. What about LSU when Saban came? No. Texas Tech wasn't really good before Leach. USC had fallen off before Carroll, OSU really improved with Tressell. In college football Great coaches can make a difference when the talent isn't great. They turn the program around, add talent and win & challenge for titles. Spurrier has done none of that at South Carolina. Heck look no further than UK if you want to compare. UK was far worse off than SC if you look at when Spurrier and Brooks took over. SC is still probably a bit better than UK, but they haven't improved. Brooks has built a team that can compete in the SEC from a team that could barely get into the endzone and struggled for first downs. That is a good coach.

If you took Gus Malzahn's offense back to the 70's I think you would win a national title or two that decade even at a school like UK or SC. People that find ways to be ahead of their time win, it's simple.