NCAA extends 3 point line for 08-09 year

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have been over this before. I do not like it. I believe if it aint broke then why fix it. I think the NCAA should have experimented with this in the early season tourneys first before implementing it into a fulltime rule.

Various early season tournaments have been experimenting with it for a few years now...

Which ones have? I cant remember any. Has UK done this at all?

I'm not sure of specifics and I'll see what I can find when I get home. I know I've seen it used several times over the last two years...

Also listed in there...

Free Throw Change

The committee also voted to alter its free throw alignment. This change will eliminate the first lane space nearest the basket on each side of the lane and using the present second, third and fourth lane space on each side of the lane as an alignment for free throws.

Which ones have? I cant remember any. Has UK done this at all?

I pretty sure UK did two years ago in the tournament where we lost to Iowa and then beat West Virginia. I just remember for that tourmament we played our first two games at Rupp and it had that new 3 point line for it...

Replacing lines for tournaments would not be a great idea. Consider the cost of sanding, removing paint and refinishing, just for a couple of games?!

I dont think too many schools would worry much about the cost.