Everything posted by Off_Constantly
-
Open jobs already
Does anyone know who was hired at Newport and Bishop Brossart? They are no longer listed under the open jobs on KHSAA.
-
Trent Steelman Army
Trent Steelman lives up to best of Army-Navy game, even in defeat - The Washington Post What a young man. Extremely tough way to lose the last game of your playing career, but I have a pretty good feeling he will be successful in whatever he does. Great role model and leader.
-
Short Yardage - Shotgun Formation
I was just talking about this after watching the UC game where they had 4th and very short. They started under center call a time out and line up in shotgun to get stuffed. I enjoy watching the spread being ran but when it comes to 4th and less than a yard logic tells me to pound the ball. In UCs case either pound it for 3 inches or kick for points because the shotgun formation seems to take momentum away from the RB. At least under center the RB is moving forward receiving the hand off rather than taking it at basically a dead stop.
-
Ricardo Johnson / others Going to the Dance
Hickey for Christian County I believe. I know it's not the big tourney but watched LSU in the NIT last night.
-
Getting Kicked Off the Team for Facebook Posts
Policy on social networking something along the lines of don't post anything negative about the team, don't respond to anything negative about the team, and don't give up any information about the team. Not word for word the policy but along those lines. Basically states, that if you have an issue with something that involves the team talk to the coach/coaches everything should be handled in house. and that is a high school coach.
-
Getting Kicked Off the Team for Facebook Posts
Depends on what was in place, I know some coaches have a policy on social networking, similar to policies such as i will not use drugs or alcohol. If this was/is in place than the coach has every right to dismiss the player. People need to realize that yes we have freedom of speech but only until it offends someone. If no policy is in place and it offended the coach, yes he went to the extreme there and could have handled it differently but we don't know the whole situation. Regardless people need to watch what they post on these sites. I read a story a while back that a lady lost her job because of a post about her employer on facebook. Recruiting personel search these sites when looking at job applicants. Some college sports teams have their student athletes block their page all together making it to where only the athete can add their friends and can't be found when searched for. Facebook has become a major issue with these types of stories, and people need to realize that if they can't say what's bothering them to that particular person they probably shouldn't post it for the world to see because it will eventually get back to them, and there are reprecussions for their actions.
-
Coaching Vacancies
Any word on any NKY jobs other than Dixi? I know there posted on KHSAA but sometimes people get word before there posted.
-
Frankfort 33 Bellevue 21
It was 4th and 7. Bellevue was inside the 20 I believe. The pass had been there for most of the night with Frankfort playing aggressively at the LOS. The play wasn't a bad call just came out as a bad result. IMO the quarterback could have run for the 1st but he decided to throw which again wasnt a bad decision the WR was open underneath with the D covering overtop, unfortunately for Bellevue it was overthrown and picked for a TD. With the benefit of hindsight a lot of things could have happened differently, but that was the game changer. After that Frankfort had all the momentum and Bellevue seemed to wear down. It was a great football game and someone had to win. Congrats to Frankfort and good luck, as well congrats to Bellevue on a good season. It was a tough loss for the seniors and they all played hard. Hopefully they learn from this in the off season and build off of it.
-
Bellevue 14 Lloyd Memorial 12
Hard fought game by both teams. There were a lot of mistakes as well. Bellevue opened the game up with a nice drive to go up 7 to 0 and it remained that way for most of the half, until a tipped ball was caught for Lloyds TD right before half. 2nd half again was a bunch of 3 and outs with Bellevue scoring to go up 14 to 6 in the 4th I believe. Lloyd missed an extra point and a field goal. Both defenses played hard with Bellevue getting the edge having 2 or 3 goalline stands and a stopped 2 point conversion when Lloyd returned a punt with 8 seconds to go. Bellevue has a pretty good defense, in the weeks following the BWood game they've only given up 12 points total. Lloyd also played well on D, not giving up any big plays. I think there was only one turnover the whole game coming off of a dropped punt by Bellevue. Like I said, clean hard fought game. Pretty good match up and a good game to watch defensively. Congrats to Bellevue, and good luck to both teams as they start the playoffs.
-
Madrick Resigns as Holmes Athletic Director
Sad news for the bulldogs, like someone posted earlier "Once a Bulldog, always a Bulldog." I graduated from Holmes and this is a huge blow. He was an outstanding coach and AD, but he was an even better person. I hope Holmes can recover and find the right candidate to fill these enormous shoes. Much respect to Coach Madrick, and I wish him a quick recovery.
-
Coaching changes
There are rumors floating around that Booher may be leaving Holmes. Not sure how accurate they are but thought I'd throw that out there
-
Roy Lucas
Any chance Ben Nevels name is on the list? I know he was an assistant there and also his name was being put out there for the Holmes job.
-
Desean Peterson
I wish him nothing but luck in whatever he does, definitely a talented kid. Can anyone verify that he is actually attending school? He may be enrolled here or there but is he showing up?
-
Two things about the Holmes job
Nevels is a motivational kind of guy. A players coach. He has the respect of many around here as a player and a coach, if he is interested in the HC position I'm sure he has had the opportunity to interview or will get the opportunity. If he has, then Madrick is waiting to announce or didn't feel he was going to be the right guy just yet. Ben will get his chance eventually, he is a hard working guy that knows football. With that being said Madrick will hire the best candidate he can find, no matter who it is. He knows how to find good coaches that fit into the Holmes system. Trust me I know first hand I played for Holmes.
-
Grant County Football Coaching Search
Heard they have there candidates all lined up. Any word on who they are?
-
Holmes 47 Scott 16
Wrong. Pride. Half the kids want to be there and the other half are happy to put on a uniform. I haven't been out to Scott this year but size and numbers would come to mind. Has nothing to do with open enrollment and everything to do with interest in the program.
-
Holmes vs. Scott predictions
Holmes will win this in lop-sided fashion. Too much for the Eagles to handle. If Scott played Holmes' schedule they would not be 5-2. What common opponents have they played so far Lloyd and Bellevue???
-
Who benefits / suffers the most from the new alignment?
No one can question your fanhood that's for sure. SK is a good program there are far from becoming a powerhouse. They made a great run as underdogs to the finals but were quickly put in place by the true power in 6A. They need trophies before they can be a legit power program. They are on the right track but we'll see how they reapond after this years class departs. I hope they do become a power but they have a lot of work to be done to get there
-
How can Boone County be so bad?
Your key part of the question there was "back in the day." I haven't been to many Boone games in sometime, but I'm assuming the coaching there is still trying to pound the ball down there opponents throats. In today's football that isn't going to work, unless your line is absolutely dominant. Boone, in years past, got away with this, because that's how football was played. In today's game you can not be that one-dimensional. There has to be balance in the offense, and they pack that big time. As far as the other schools opening up in the district, Boone is still a 6A school, so they couldn't have lost all their athletes. They still have a lot of young men roaming those hallways; so I believe that is just an excuse for people to use because the coaching fails to adapt to the new generation of football.
-
Is Steve Lickert establishing himself as one of the up and coming coaches in KY?
There is no way anyone can answer this question no. When I was a player at Holmes we were good we just couldn't get passed Highlands. The program had some really hard years after our class. Lickert has it fun to go to games again. Yes the district competition there playing isn't that great but I believe he has some quality opponents on this schedule to prepare this team for a deep run. He s one heck of coach and his record is proving what he can do.
-
The Real View of Northern Kentucky Football
I completely missed that one, I see it now. I thought RP was talking about NKY and got extremely confused on that.
-
The Real View of Northern Kentucky Football
I know you're supporting a year in and year out contender and hopefully talking only 6A. I agree 6A is not that strong up here compared to the ville with Trinity and X but it is a respectable district full of good football. I don't understand how you can say it is a disappointing football town when we have 3 legit contenders for titles every year up here.
-
Cooper/Simon Kenton Predictions
When was the last time SK won state? Take the compliments that are given SK is a good program not a powerhouse, to be the best you have to beat the best and they haven't done that and won't do it this year. Cooper will give SK a great game and I think they have the pieces in place to win it.
-
Holmes 52 Bourbon County 7
I by no means am trying to discredit what Lickert and his staff are doing down in Cov. I love seeing the program being turned around. I'm a former player and an 02' grad from there. I'm just trying to get some thoughts on them. I'm able to make about one game a year so this is where I can follow there progress.
-
Holmes 52 Bourbon County 7
Nice win for the Dawgs, what's their district competition looking like this year? I know last year it wasn't that strong. Should Holmes consider scheduling a tougher non conference to prep for playoffs?