Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Grant County Football Coaching Search

Featured Replies

What is the latest on the coaching search for Grant County? Has anyone heard any applicants that were interested? It is a tough job with not much history of winning, but the new district alignment for them looks a lot better than what they have played in the past!!

  • Replies 56
  • Views 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of football players are Grant Co kids? Are they tough, hard nosed kids who like to hit? Do they speed and athleticism to be a spread, passing attack type of team? What kind of team would a new coach inherit when he gets hired? It seems like they were pretty young this past year? If you were the next coach, what style of play would benefit their talent level?

What kind of football players are Grant Co kids? Are they tough, hard nosed kids who like to hit? Do they speed and athleticism to be a spread, passing attack type of team? What kind of team would a new coach inherit when he gets hired? It seems like they were pretty young this past year? If you were the next coach, what style of play would benefit their talent level?

 

Hard to answer that last question without knowin the hand your dealt. They do need to be more tough-minded, I think.

  • Author

They were a very young team last year so they have some good players returning. However, their @QB was the head coach's son so i doubt he will be back. There is not much athleticism walking the halls of Grant County. Good kids that play hard, but not many kids you look at and say WOW!

You can ask Coach Lucas at Manual, Coach McKeey at Scott Co, and a number of other coaches about what type of kids they have. They have a very good current Soph. class. They have some kids that are behind in the weight room and offseason development. There are the athletes there to be successful in a number of different schemes.

 

As far as coaches looking at the position there have been a number that have applied. Due to the playoffs and a few other factors they have not been interviewed yet.

What kind of offensive and defensive scheme did the previous coach use?

TTT

In the past I think he ran some 30 style front. This past season I believe they were a 43 under front team. On the offensive side through the years they have been gun veer a little. I believe they have been running a pro style offense with a number of different formations. I'm not 100% on this but I think the offense was similar or some what based off of Jerry Campbell's system.

In the past I think he ran some 30 style front. This past season I believe they were a 43 under front team. On the offensive side through the years they have been gun veer a little. I believe they have been running a pro style offense with a number of different formations. I'm not 100% on this but I think the offense was similar or some what based off of Jerry Campbell's system.

 

What system is that? Triple option?

Campbell has a ton of material out there. His Option On Me stuff is pretty popular. Once again I am not 100% sure on this but I believe it is IZ, OZ, Power, Counter, Trap and Veer blocking schemes meshed with different formations and backfield actions. I am not completely sure where the passing game came from. I am pretty sure they ran Spacing, Mesh, Shallow and NCAA. I know a good deal of the terminology is exactly like Campbell's.

I have heard a lot of good things about their. Coach. Is there any chance he is staying to teach, or will he move his family to a new school system? Sure would be nice for new guy to have a 2 year starter return at QB. Wonder if there is another QB in the school that is capable.

The only one that can answer the question on if or where they will go will be Coach Davis and his family. I am sure they will do what they feel is best for them. To my knowledge he will have a teaching job there as long as he wants one. Having Coach Davis's son could help the team in a number of ways. If they do choose to move than another QB would have to be developed. Who a replacement would be if needed would depend largely on the system the new coach runs.

In the past I think he ran some 30 style front. This past season I believe they were a 43 under front team. On the offensive side through the years they have been gun veer a little. I believe they have been running a pro style offense with a number of different formations. I'm not 100% on this but I think the offense was similar or some what based off of Jerry Campbell's system.

 

Not many teams run the under front. Most teams run the over, so that could be a positive or negative, depending on how you chose to look at it.

heard they are having a hard time finding candidates that want the job. first priority should be to get rid of the booster cancers.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.