Collins 17 Pulaski County 6

bugatti

From Twitter...anyone know why this happened at Collins?

Michael Kerr‏ @mlkerr13 Oct 27

I have covered PC for over 20 years all over the state. We have not missed one game live durin that time. Tonight was a first. We arrived at Collins. The AD showed us where to set up. Ready to go live. We were told to leave the press box since another local crew (cont)

Unexpectedly. We were placed outside in driving rain. No way to use the equipment in those conditions. We asked about help in securing some way to broadcast? No help. Hate it for the Maroon followers and our great sponsors. Live long enough you will see a lot! Not a great (cont)

Way to support high school athletes.

Not a good look on Collins at all. These guys made arrangements well ahead of time. They were told where to set up by the AD, then at approximately 6:50pm, another radio station showed up. The LC Sports guys were getting ready to go live when the AD radio'd up to the PA guy to do the dirty work of making them tear down and leave the press box. Now that's hospitality

Wow! I've had problems before back in the stone age of the 80's but that one was pretty lowdown. I've been put on top of rickety press boxes in the weather before. I've been squeezed in by local yokels with no business being in the box other than they were homers and "it was their box." But that's certainly a first that I can recall hearing about.

Wow! I've had problems before back in the stone age of the 80's but that one was pretty lowdown. I've been put on top of rickety press boxes in the weather before. I've been squeezed in by local yokels with no business being in the box other than they were homers and "it was their box." But that's certainly a first that I can recall hearing about.

Youv'e never been to Western Hills then. I have sat with opponent radio guys doing it from the bleachers many times. The opposing teams dont even have a place to go for pregame or halftime (Its kind of sad)

I can even understand if the home team tells you beforehand there is no room in the box. Once you give permission to the announcing guys, show them where to set up, let them get ready to go on the air and THEN kick them out, that's just wrong! AND to not have the "guts" to do it yourself. Have to radio up to have a PA guy it for you. No excuse for that weakness!

Youv'e never been to Western Hills then. I have sat with opponent radio guys doing it from the bleachers many times. The opposing teams dont even have a place to go for pregame or halftime (Its kind of sad)

Never had to travel to Western Hills. Glad I hadn't.

When the Tropical Storm rolled through this year Belfry's radio crew had to broadcast outside in it at Bryan Station for something similar to this.

Never had to travel to Western Hills. Glad I hadn't.

One of my least favorite places to ever take in a game (I've been twice). After the last trip I stated I'd never go back. Garrard has been twice since then but not me! :lol2:

Big difference in being up front about press box availability, broadcast fees, ect... and making contact the week of the game, getting permission from the AD, the AD personally showing them where to set, get ready to go live on the air THEN being told to tear down and leave. I have been told before games, on several occasions, we would have to set up outside. In those cases I could make arrangements for tent, wet weather gear, etc.. Collins screwed the pooch on this one, all the way around