Nike Hoops Summit 2011

SportsGuy41017

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The international team is supposed to be announced this week, I know some of the final 15 players, of which 10 will be chosen. There is a problem with some of the international players, as they all play on club teams, and some of those club teams have "agreements" with the players that they are expected to fulfill, and those agreements are until they turn 18. If they don't live up to the agreements then many club teams will notify their national federation and inform them that the player did not live up to the agreement, and the player will more than likely be suspended by the national federation to participate on the national team for a while, and national teams are huge overseas! So the players do not want to mess with that.

I know a couple of the players who are in the final 15, some of them are worried their club team will attempt to stop them from playing. Why do they not want their players to play in this? The clubs are afraid that their players will get exposure, that they will get attention from colleges and other club teams in Europe, and that they will lose that player to someone else.

Remember, Kanter was already in the U.S. for just less than a year before he was chosen, I think his club team would have tried to stop him if he was still in Turkey.

If Jonas Valanciunas from Lithuania plays I think you all will be in for a treat, but he is one of the players who's team may not let play. He is 6'11" 250. I know him and met him through some players I know well from Lituania, He is unsure what he wants to do for this coming fall, but I say he will be in the NBA by fall of 2012.

Here is a video of some of his dunks:

If Jonas Valanciunas from Lithuania plays I think you all will be in for a treat, but he is one of the players who's team may not let play. He is 6'11" 250. I know him and met him through some players I know well from Lituania, He is unsure what he wants to do for this coming fall, but I say he will be in the NBA by fall of 2012.

Has he met John Calipari yet? If not, he probably should if he can become eligible?

Has he met John Calipari yet? If not, he probably should if he can become eligible?

He is 18, turns 19 sometime in May, not receiving more than basic money from his club, which would not try to prevent him from leaving like Fenderbanche'. He would be a one and done, has "advisors". My gut tells me he will end up in the NBA this summer, but with the lockout possible, I'm told college for a year MAY be an option.

I got a call from one of the players I know from Europe who just told me he and his national team teammate has made the international team. They were just told a few hours ago, so I should know of more maybe before the team is announced. Przemek Karnowski and Mateusz Ponitka, both from Poland.

Valanciunas is for real, so is Dontas Motiejunas, another fellow 6'11-7'0'' Lithuaninan.

I "THINK" this is the final International roster, I am told it will be official by Wednesday.

6'6" Evan Fournier: SG France

6'9" Bismack Biyombo: PF Congo/ Spain - CBA (Canarias Basketball Academy)

6'2" Myck Kabongo: PG Canada

Those I already listed:

6'5" Nenad Miljenovic: PG Serbia

7'1" Przemek Karnowski: C Poland

6'5" Mateusz Ponitka: SG Poland

6'8" Dario Šarić: SF Croatia

6'11" Lucas Riva Amarante Nogueira: C Brazil, but he plays in Spain.

Supposably Valanciunas and Kanter will take the last two international spots. If this roster holds, it will be a lot better than the international roster from last years Hoops Summit. Last year the USA won 101-97.

Edited by SportsGuy41017

Official World Team Roster for the Nike Hoops Summit - April 9. However, Nenad Miljenovic's club team in Serbia is trying to prevent him from attending.

C Przemek Karnowski 7'1 Poland

C Lucas Riva Nogueira 6'11 Brazil

PF Kyle Wiltjer 6'9 Canada (college) Kentucky

PF Bismack Biyombo 6'9 Congo

SF Dario Saric 6'8 Croatia

SG Evan Fournier 6'6 France

SG Mateusz Ponitka 6'5 Poland

PG Nenad Miljenovic 6'5 Serbia

PG Myck Kabongo 6'2 Canada (college) Texas

PG Kevin Pangos 6'1 Canada (college) Gonzaga

I didnt know Wiltjer is canadian.
Yup! This is odd, I know 7 players on this roster too, same number as the Jordan Brand international team. You will like Pangos, as I told GT this summer, he reminds me a lot of Elisha Justice.

UK has 4 players total in the game.