• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Postgame media keeps hammering away about 'the transfer' to

Rowan County and that 'they don't win it without him'. Doubt

seriously if the runner up team in the 16th Region makes it to

to the Finals without the same kind of good fortune that can

befall teams who end up having exceptional seasons.

One of the better 16th region title games in recent years, it was a shame that one team had to lose. Rowan has a really nice team, I really like watching the Wing kid play, I think he's a good leader and a great athlete. Ashland played really hard, they just did not have enough in the tank to complete the comeback. Either team would have represented the 16th very well at the State Tourney.

Congratulations to Rowan on the win, and enjoy your trip to Rupp. Make the 16th proud. Love to see you playing on Saturday morning.

As for Ashland, LRCW shows up for one game and you take an L. He's simply bad luck.

How about Bush? I believe he is a transfer. Just because they went to Ashland early on, they are still transfers. They abandoned Ashland when they went to Rose Hill. Everyone was mad, now that they are back, did everyone just forget what they did to Ashland in the past???

Oh, and let's not forget coach Biggs, he's a transfer also. We get it already!

I really enjoyed the game, and thought that Rowan would win handily until the last minute of the 3rd period when Ashland cut it to 4. Great 4th quarter, nip and tuck. I thought when Wing missed his 2 freethrows and Ashland was able to take a 1pt lead it was a done deal for Ashland. But I have to say again, I thought Townsend was the best player on the floor tonight.

I hate all this transfer crap. Good grief, its high school kids playing basketball. Was the Townsend kid a big help to Rowan? Sure. But so were the Knipps to Elliott (WC a while back), Gregg and Bush to Ashland, Terry to Fairview, and tons of other players through out the years. I can't think of one team in the area that hasn't benefitted from a kid moving in. Just let the kids play ball and forget about it. Find me one school that hasn't had a big player come in and let that school cast the first stone.