Rowan County 64 Ashland 58

Congrats to both team for a great game. This was a true fans games, i really enjoyed it. Both teams played hard. I especially enjoyed it more watching number 11 step up and knock free throws down in the fourth quarter to help his team to victory. I am kind of biased about, number 11 but rightfully so.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to both team for a great game. This was a true fans games, i really enjoyed it. Both teams played hard. I especially enjoyed it more watching number 11 step up and knock free throws down in the fourth quarter to help his team to victory. I am kind of biased about, number 11 but rightfully so.

Very nice looking ballplayer. Gave Ashland fits all night. He definitely does a great job of running the show for the Vikings.

Earlier, observation made that virtually all schools at one time

or another enjoy whatever benefits come about from transfers.

Truth is, all transfers are not based on paradigm shifts in team

power. Every once in awhile, there are probably some legitimate

reasons for transfers. The combination of players on the floor

for the 16th Region Championship game put on quite a show,

by all accounts (in person; broadcast; written; etc.). Congrats

to the winners and hope they represent the 16th with class

and pride in the Sweet Sixteen!

My only thing was that if anyone complained about Townsend at least he actually moved here, unlike many 16th region transfers the last few years. I do not know why they moved here, but I probably knew his mom for 4 or 5 months before she even told me that it was her son that played at Rowan County so I don't think it's just for basketball. I just hate that crap of saying "well they had a transfer player", and would have hated to see anyone use it as an excuse. Maybe Menifee could use it as an excuse in this region, but I cannot think of another team in the region that could legitimately do it.

But back to the game. It was a dandy, congrats to Rowan. I felt they were the better team, and I think they showed it. Who do they play at State? With the way they've played lately I expect them to make a pretty good showing.

Rowan will face Daviess County in the first round Thursday. Trot your rearend up to Rupp and I'll buy you a box of popcorn Cats. And LRCW will by the CocaCola.

Edited by spindoc

I studied hard for this one.... Who is Gregg

If you don't know who Gregg is you didn't study very hard.

How about Bush? I believe he is a transfer. Just because they went to Ashland early on, they are still transfers. They abandoned Ashland when they went to Rose Hill. Everyone was mad, now that they are back, did everyone just forget what they did to Ashland in the past???

You really have no idea what your talking about. Wrong on some many points.

Of the kids that left the last season before the probation 7th grade on up went to Ashland except Terry to Fairview and Kennedy to Chesapeake.

I believe there were quite a few more transfers than they ones you are referencing. Adams to Fairview as an example.

Tell me more about the Townsend boy.
What would like to know. I see him as a hard working, very unselfish, humble, and talented young man. He has virtually gone unnoticed or under the radar, with the expection of the coaches in 12 Region, during his sophmore and freshman years because Somerset had losing seasons.

Postgame media keeps hammering away about 'the transfer' to

Rowan County and that 'they don't win it without him'. Doubt

seriously if the runner up team in the 16th Region makes it to

to the Finals without the same kind of good fortune that can

befall teams who end up having exceptional seasons.

You are talking about the famous Dick Matin, he is as big of an Ashland homer that has ever walked this earth. Martin has a knack for ticking people from the other side off. He always has,always will.

I can get past all of that bc I feel that he is by far the best radio play by play man anywhere in our area. Should you listen to the Ashland Tomcats radio station then it is a given that you will hear a pro Ashland broadcast. I have also heard Martin compliment opposing teams and their players. Martin will readily tell you he is a homer, he makes no aplogies for it.

I listen to him when I can bc of his play by play, the man can call a game, basketball or football. Besides, was the Ashland station the only one covering the game? I don't think so and people imo had choices of who to listen to.

Congrats again to Rowan Co. and good luck at the Sweet Sixteen.

Congrads to Rowan I was pulling for you. Ashland was a good team but this just seemed to be Rowan's year no shame in regional runnerup. I know several teams that would LOVE for that trophy.

On a side note any talk of Ashland people being upset about transfers going to any 16th region team would be a little like the pot calling the kettle black would it not? I mean lets face it Ashland had some good "Transfers" in the past and they may have come for valid reasons I just think people seem to have short memories sometimes. But I have no dog in this fight.

I forgot to mention. I think Rowan will represent the 16th very well in Lexington. They have a favorable draw and they are a talented team.

As for transfers will somebody please tell me who hasn't benefited from transfers in the past or present. Ashland, Fairview, Boyd, East, Rowan, Bath, Greenup, Russell, all have transfers on their current rosters. Not sure about everyone else but those teams do for sure.

Rowan will face Daviess County in the first round Thursday. Trot your rearend up to Rupp and I'll buy you a box of popcorn Cats. And LRCW will by the CocaCola.

Cats as in me? I may be down there, but I wouldn't be able to see Rowan unless they won a game or two. I can't miss school because of student teaching, I only get two absenses and need a doctor's excuse to get those. :thumb: