Rowan County 64 Ashland 58

I hate all this transfer crap. Good grief, its high school kids playing basketball. Was the Townsend kid a big help to Rowan? Sure. But so were the Knipps to Elliott (WC a while back), Gregg and Bush to Ashland, Terry to Fairview, and tons of other players through out the years. I can't think of one team in the area that hasn't benefitted from a kid moving in. Just let the kids play ball and forget about it. Find me one school that hasn't had a big player come in and let that school cast the first stone.

I think the whole point was that Ashland's media kept going on and on about it.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the whole point was that Ashland's media kept going on and on about it.

That is correct was listening to B97 and the first thing said was Rowan was led to victory by the transfer from Somerset. One question how many times in the past two years has the same announcer called #23 the transfer from Pendleton Co. as that was the only thing he would call him when he played for Rose Hill.

That is correct was listening to B97 and the first thing said was Rowan was led to victory by the transfer from Somerset. One question how many times in the past two years has the same announcer called #23 the transfer from Pendleton Co. as that was the only thing he would call him when he played for Rose Hill.

Totally agree... guess they have to come with an excuse of why they didn't win the region

Gentlemen, are we gonna continue to talk about what the world's biggest homer says on a post game show or are we gonna talk about the game?

Gentlemen, are we gonna continue to talk about what the world's biggest homer says on a post game show or are we gonna talk about the game?

The Game was tonight Rowan was the better team and made the plays down the stretch and Ashland did not. Ashland only had 8 turnovers for the game but 3 of those 8 were in the last 1:30 of the game. That was the difference. I jsut don't see when you are one of the all time programs in the state of Kentucky when you loss you jsut don't say we got beat and go on I think that is what people are talking about.

How about Bush? I believe he is a transfer. Just because they went to Ashland early on, they are still transfers. They abandoned Ashland when they went to Rose Hill. Everyone was mad, now that they are back, did everyone just forget what they did to Ashland in the past???

Exactly what did they do to Ashland?

Congratulations to Rowan on the win, and enjoy your trip to Rupp. Make the 16th proud. Love to see you playing on Saturday morning.

As for Ashland, LRCW shows up for one game and you take an L. He's simply bad luck.

I am bad luck. It was a good game. Ashland played hard, but Rowan was just a little too much tonight. Good luck to the Vikings next week. You have a very nice team. I'll be rooting for you.

The Game was tonight Rowan was the better team and made the plays down the stretch and Ashland did not. Ashland only had 8 turnovers for the game but 3 of those 8 were in the last 1:30 of the game. That was the difference. I jsut don't see when you are one of the all time programs in the state of Kentucky when you loss you jsut don't say we got beat and go on I think that is what people are talking about.

Okay, it was their radio announcer. That's it. If you're just catching a clue about him, then it's time to wake up folks. I agree, it's sourpuss tactics, but let's not let it take away from a great game by the two best teams in the region. And let's not throw all of Ashland under the bus for the comments of one. It was fitting that it came down to them for all the marbles.

Earlier, observation made that virtually all schools at one time

or another enjoy whatever benefits come about from transfers.

Truth is, all transfers are not based on paradigm shifts in team

power. Every once in awhile, there are probably some legitimate

reasons for transfers. The combination of players on the floor

for the 16th Region Championship game put on quite a show,

by all accounts (in person; broadcast; written; etc.). Congrats

to the winners and hope they represent the 16th with class

and pride in the Sweet Sixteen!

And yet you still chose to listen to B97 over the other stations carrying the game because Dicky is the best.

And yet you still chose to listen to B97 over the other stations carrying the game because Dicky is the best.

No I did not listen to B97 I listened to 102.3 I think they do the best job without being bias. I knew what he would say and just flipped over there when the game ended and as usual he did not disappoint. Also it has now been 10 years since Ashland has won a regional title. Like I said earlier one of the most storied programs in the state who has a good radio announcer should lose with as much class as they win with. Say what you want people who don't get out to games sees him as a part of the program.

No I did not listen to B97 I listened to 102.3 I think they do the best job without being bias. I knew what he would say and just flipped over there when the game ended and as usual he did not disappoint. Also it has now been 10 years since Ashland has won a regional title. Like I said earlier one of the most storied programs in the state who has a good radio announcer should lose with as much class as they win with. Say what you want people who don't get out to games sees him as a part of the program.

Ashland just doesn't have much size anymore. Somebody must have put something in the water.