4THQUARTER

Who wins?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to call them overrated when they dominated Boyle County and HC barely scraped by.

As I said last week when BC homers were saying Lafayette hadn't played anyone .. they went into North Bullitt and held one of the top offenses in the state to 6 points, and held one of the top 5 RB's to under 40 yards.

I wouldn't get to over confident.

Hard to call them overrated when they dominated Boyle County and HC barely scraped by.

As I said last week when BC homers were saying Lafayette hadn't played anyone .. they went into North Bullitt and held one of the top offenses in the state to 6 points, and held one of the top 5 RB's to under 40 yards.

I wouldn't get to over confident.

Lafayette did not dominate Boyle County. Turnovers really hurt Boyle County. I understand, turnovers (interceptions) are a sign of a good defense, but if you take a closer look, Boyle County had more first downs than Lafayette in this game and the yardage was about the same.

Lafayette has found a successful formula for winning regular season ballgames. I give the team and coaching staff credit for that. They are not getting the respect around the state because they are beating teams that are not highly ranked in less than impressive fashion.

The game is all about winning and Lafayette is doing that.

Lafayette did not dominate Boyle County. Turnovers really hurt Boyle County. I understand, turnovers (interceptions) are a sign of a good defense, but if you take a closer look, Boyle County had more first downs than Lafayette in this game and the yardage was about the same.

Lafayette has found a successful formula for winning regular season ballgames. I give the team and coaching staff credit for that. They are not getting the respect around the state because they are beating teams that are not highly ranked in less than impressive fashion.

The game is all about winning and Lafayette is doing that.

How highly ranked do you want these teams? If I am not mistaken, all the teams Lafayette has beaten have been in the top 10 in 5A. Shawnee being the only unranked team. I just hate to look at fine teams such as Boyle and not think of it as an impressive win.

Shawnee and Boyle County were their least impressive wins in terms of beating good teams. I can not stress enough that they went into North Bullitt and held a team averaging 40 points a game to 6, and a player averaging 200 yards rushing a game to under 40.

Who knows if they beat Henry Clay but to say they haven't beaten anybody is a very very ignorant statement.

The common opponent is Boyle. For better or for worse.

Henry Clay blew out to a big lead and the almost lost the game. Were it not for last second heroics they would have.

Lafayette capitalized on Boyle miscues and scored twice late to put it away.

If you have to say anything the Generals did a better job containing Boyle and putting them away.

Henry Clay dominated for 3 quarters and then all but lost it.

It should be a good one again between the two and a toss up. I might lean in the General's direction but not by much.

How highly ranked do you want these teams? If I am not mistaken, all the teams Lafayette has beaten have been in the top 10 in 5A. Shawnee being the only unranked team. I just hate to look at fine teams such as Boyle and not think of it as an impressive win.

You are mistaken.

In Dave Cantrall's ratings:

Shawnee (26.5) is 24th out of 38 teams in Class 3A

Franklin County (70.8) is 5th, Boyle County (66.1) is 6th, and North Bullitt (64.6) is 8th.....all in Class 4A.

That is why Lafayette (77.0) is ranked 9th in Class 6A.....strength of schedule. I am not saying they are not good. They are undefeated against perceived lower ranked teams.

Interesting enough, Lafayette will play Trinity (94.2), who is ranked 2nd (should be first) in both Class 6A and the entire state, in their last game. They are obviously not ducking great non-district competition, but instead, not playing it until late in the year.

By the way, Boyle is not a fine team. They are 0-4. They are better thank their record and I am rooting for them to win, but they haven't yet.

I don't put much stock in Cantrell's rankings. Boyle is better than 0-4 and Lafayette beat them way worse than Henry Clay. I agree with Hatz. I consider Boyle the measure. Either way I feel like defense is going to be a key factor in this game and IMHO that is Henry Clay's weakness. Both teams have awesome QBs so I expect plenty of airtime. I look for a highly emotional game since Henry Clay has something to prove.

I don't put much stock in Cantrell's rankings. Boyle is better than 0-4 and Lafayette beat them way worse than Henry Clay. I agree with Hatz. I consider Boyle the measure. Either way I feel like defense is going to be a key factor in this game and IMHO that is Henry Clay's weakness. Both teams have awesome QBs so I expect plenty of airtime. I look for a highly emotional game since Henry Clay has something to prove.

You make some very good points!

If I were to pick a winner in this game, I would have to pick Lafayette. Henry Clay's defense, to this point, is awful! They can't stop the run, but they can't stop the pass!

What Henry Clay has to prove is that they can stop somebody.

"From the rakings out today from Cantrall, Franklin Co. is ranked higher than Boyle. North Bullit is ranked slightly lower than Boyle. Lafayette has beaten both of these excellent teams. I wouldn't exactly say they played a cupcake schedule"

You put stock in the Cantrell rankings last week. This is your quote before the Boyle County/Lafayette game.