• Fine the Patriots/Robert Kraft
    • Fine Belichick
    • No punishment
    • Draft Picks

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figure they'll get fined monetarily or with draft picks....or both. Forfeiting the game is ridiculous, IMO. I don't see that what they did really would have affected the outcome.

Are you serious. Well let's look at it this way, The Patriots take the video in at halftime and look over the Jets defense and or offense signals. They come back out and know what plays to run. It's simple the Patriots had an unfair advantage and they should have to forefeit the game.

Forefeit the win against the Jets. It's the only thing that makes sense to me. Yes some will say that draft picks hurt, but it'd be in the end of each round so who cares.

Patriots have been warned about this before and they apparently didn't care.

Are you kidding me? Getting docked draft picks would be a huge punishment, IMO. Especially with the way the Patriots draft and the value they place on picks. If that's the punishment, I'm betting it won't be a 6th or 7th round pick they get docked. It will be a first day pick or picks, and any first day pick is valuable.

Forfeiting the game is not an option...this isn't high school or college.

They'll get fined and docked draft picks.

Let's put an option up there that there shouldn't be any punishment. The Patriots were just doing what every team at every level would do.

That's like saying 'everyone recruits in high school sports' or 'all college boosters pay athletes'. That doesn't matter, did it, it's against the rules and they got caught...

Are you kidding me? Getting docked draft picks would be a huge punishment, IMO. Especially with the way the Patriots draft and the value they place on picks. If that's the punishment, I'm betting it won't be a 6th or 7th round pick they get docked. It will be a first day pick or picks, and any first day pick is valuable.

Forfeiting the game is not an option...this isn't high school or college.

They'll get fined and docked draft picks.

That's why they should forefeit the game. There is 16 games in a season and to let the Patriots still come out with a win is absurd. The Jets are 0-1 and now are looking at having to come from behind to possibly make the playoffs. Patriots broke the rules and the NFL should make an example of them that this is serious and stupid, forefeiting the game is more of a statement than draft picks and if Goodell is going to suspend players for the year for being arrested then the Patriots should have to forefeit the game.

I voted for a fine....After this revelation, I doubt the trust and respect issue, will forthcoming.

But what will a fine really do? Its only money. Kraft probably spits that amount out the back of his Powerboat for fuel in 2 hrs or less. Kick em where it hurts and thats the win column. It was wrong, they got caught, penalize them.

But what will a fine really do? Its only money. Kraft probably spits that amount out the back of his Powerboat for fuel in 2 hrs or less. Kick em where it hurts and thats the win column. It was wrong, they got caught, penalize them.
Money, hurts any program regardless of the deep pockets.

I've not seen the news coverage but do they know, who filmed the signals?