• Fine the Patriots/Robert Kraft
    • Fine Belichick
    • No punishment
    • Draft Picks

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with what Carson said "Hopefully there's a harsh enough penalty that it's not worth it to try to cheat and try to get any advantage that you're not allowed to get. I hope the commissioner is just as harsh on them as he's been on individual players for making mistakes."

Because A. It is not the reason the Patriots have won three Super Bowls.

B. Everybody tries to do this, the Patriots took it to a different level with cameras.

C. Even if you know exactly what your opponet will do, you still have to beat it.

D. The effectiveness of this stragedy shouldn't be overstated. Plays are changed on the line by both offenses and defenses all the time.

E. Most teams have dummy play callers, or many other ways of hiding there play calling.

I didn't say they shouldn't get punished, but this is being overblown.

I agree with you to some degree. While I wouldn't downplay it to the extent that you do, I always don't think it's as big an issue as it's made out to be.

What would the reaction be if it were the Oakland Raiders that got caught? Or the Tampa Bay Buccaneers?

I think the Patriots should face a stiff penalty...like a second round pick and then a day two pick for the next couple of drafts (4 picks in all). Forfeiting the game is absurd, IMO...there is no way this helped them in this game. The tape was confiscated in the first quarter, right?

Besides that, every team uses at least one or two other guys to send in dummy signals...there's no way the Pats could break that down fast enough to use it in that game. They were doing this for later use...probably to add to their "catalog". :D

Does anybody think there is a double standard here when Dallas' QB coach got suspended like 5 games for using HGH but Belichick just has to pay a fine for what he did??? The reason I ask is because I saw on ESPN were the QB coach said that so I was wondering if anyone else agrees with him.