• Fine the Patriots/Robert Kraft
    • Fine Belichick
    • No punishment
    • Draft Picks

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because A. It is not the reason the Patriots have won three Super Bowls.

B. Everybody tries to do this, the Patriots took it to a different level with cameras.

C. Even if you know exactly what your opponet will do, you still have to beat it.

D. The effectiveness of this stragedy shouldn't be overstated. Plays are changed on the line by both offenses and defenses all the time.

E. Most teams have dummy play callers, or many other ways of hiding there play calling.

I didn't say they shouldn't get punished, but this is being overblown.

I never said it was the reason for the Patriots winning the Super Bowl.

Taking it to a different level with the cameras is where the problem lies.

Don't you think knowing what and where something is coming is a huge advantage?

You did say they shouldn't get punished.

I never said it was the reason for the Patriots winning the Super Bowl.

Taking it to a different level with the cameras is where the problem lies.

Don't you think knowing what and where something is coming is a huge advantage?

You did say they shouldn't get punished.

I said a fifteen yrd penalty which is a punishment. Not unlike pass interferance or holding or other aspects that give a competitive advantage.

I do not think that it provides a reliable method of game planning. If a team feels thier calls are being comprimised, they can simply change it up and cause especially problematic issues for a team that thinks they have the opponet scoped out.

I said a fifteen yrd penalty which is a punishment. Not unlike pass interferance or holding or other aspects that give a competitive advantage.

I do not think that it provides a reliable method of game planning. If a team feels thier calls are being comprimised, they can simply change it up and cause especially problematic issues for a team that thinks they have the opponet scoped out.

Are you serious? The offensive coach waits to call in a play until the defensive coach gives his signal. The offensive team runs a play to the opposite side of the defensive call for a big play. At what point is that not an advantage?

Are you serious? The offensive coach waits to call in a play until the defensive coach gives his signal. The offensive team runs a play to the opposite side of the defensive call for a big play. At what point is that not an advantage?
Let assume that the process was effective, i.e, the offense was able to effectively decide the play of the defense using this method. Only the most aggresive defenses don't account for all possibilties, sure some areas are more exposed than others, but is doesn't assure success. The play on the field still needs to be made.

Lets look at this from a higher prospective. This can be as effectively done by a guy with binoculars and a pen pad. Every possible bit of scouting trys to uncover what the opponet will be doing in certian situations. Without this method teams are still going to have a strong idea as to what teams will do in most circumstances. The PROCESS OF KNOWING WHAT THE OPPONET WILL DO IS ALREADY BEING DONE, using a camera just makes it a little easier.

Also the play calling can easily be disguised.

The opportunity to utilize and over blow this situation for the need to develop a story, compromises your credibility.

Alright, I don't completely believe that. But I take it personally to have my credibility questioned.

Way to sell that...:lol:

As for your prior post. The accumulation of multiple games takes away the opportunity to change your signals. He would've literally been prepared for anything...

Also, it's not a coincidence that he was caught by the Jets. Which means he's been doing this for a long, long time...IMO...

The opportunity to utilize and over blow this situation for the need to develop a story, compromises your credibility.

Alright, I don't completely believe that. But I take it personally to have my credibility questioned.

Man come on, to say this is no big deal and to say just give em a 15 yarder......:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

As for your prior post. The accumulation of multiple games takes away the opportunity to change your signals. He would've literally been prepared for anything...

Here is just one way to cover this. You have two play callers. On one series one is a dummy, i.e. calling fake calls, then switch on series. Simply tell the play caller on defense which guy to read before he goes on the field.

Another aspect that I haven't got into yet is how hard it would be to use this info. Calling a play within the short time frame between when a defensive play is called, the call is interpreted, and the correct adjustment with the personnel already on the field is difficult on top of everything else the QB is trying to manage.

If a team is banking on offensive success because of this method, they will run into trouble.

Here is just one way to cover this. You have two play callers. On one series one is a dummy, i.e. calling fake calls, then switch on series. Simply tell the play caller on defense which guy to read before he goes on the field.

Another aspect that I haven't got into yet is how hard it would be to use this info. Calling a play within the short time frame between when a defensive play is called, the call is interpreted, and the correct adjustment with the personnel already on the field is difficult on top of everything else the QB is trying to manage.

If a team is banking on offensive success because of this method, they will run into trouble.

If you chart every signal, for every defense, for every game you can have 5 'decoys' but there will be a common denominator to figure it out. And, it only takes one play, like Moss's TD pass to be considered successful. Also, you can have a call in mind but use direction to your advantage, or tell your QB which receiver is more likely to be open, or have your QB tell his line what blitzing LB/DB to pick up...etc, etc. If you can't see that as an advantage then we're wasting our time...