• Fine the Patriots/Robert Kraft
    • Fine Belichick
    • No punishment
    • Draft Picks

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no way they can produce that tape in 20 minutes. It is a long term deal.

I've spent a ton of time shooting games from many different angles and 3 hours is a tight range for cutting down any video. The Pats were shooting for long term archives...

If he truly has been caught doing this before, then he probably used the films from prior years for this game. While close to impossible to prove, you must assume. I could see the forfeit argument.

A forfeit is crazy. Baseball games aren't forfeited for corked bats. If you get caught you pay a price. In this case hit the Pats up for $250,000 and their 5th draft pick next year. There, now wasn't that simple? (I think I will apply for the commissioner's job when it becomes available again!:lol: )

Hines Ward came out and said he's positive that the Patriots were calling out there plays in previous games.

Whether this one was being used for fututre use or not, it's clear they've been doing this for a long time, which gives them a decided advantage over there opponent.

I think you forfeit the win against the Jets. This would act as an extremely strong deterrent to anything lie this happening again.
:thumb: If Goodell wants to come down on criminals, stop the cheating inside your own game, on the field, right now. Forfeit one game and I assure you it will not happen again.

Here's a question....Could they have been shooting the video, for playoff games and if so, possibly filming NFC championship games of both teams.

Could the filming, be the difference in 3-3pt SB games....

Maybe 2 games...the difference in the first is Mike Martz being an idiot. :D

:thumb: If Goodell wants to come down on criminals, stop the cheating inside your own game, on the field, right now. Forfeit one game and I assure you it will not happen again.

I doubt that will assure anything...all it will assure is that you'll lose a game if you get caught. We've seen it too many times...people/teams will weigh the risk vs. reward and if they think they can get away with it, they'll do it.

Example: If you think you can get away with it for any amount of time, how many wins will that be worth? Say you get away with it for half a season, it gets you two wins you probably wouldn't have had otherwise, then you give one away when you get caught...you still come out ahead.

On a side note...that would explain why a slow, unimpressive specimen like Tedy Bruschi is always in the right spot. :lol:

And, it's pretty obvious that Romeo Crennel didn't take that practice with him to Cleveland. :sssh:

Hines Ward came out and said he's positive that the Patriots were calling out there plays in previous games.

Whether this one was being used for fututre use or not, it's clear they've been doing this for a long time, which gives them a decided advantage over there opponent.

I've heard stories like that before about teams other than NE, so I suspect sometimes teams just get lucky and crack the code, or more teams than New England does this.

It's against NFL rules, how is it not a big deal?
Because A. It is not the reason the Patriots have won three Super Bowls.

B. Everybody tries to do this, the Patriots took it to a different level with cameras.

C. Even if you know exactly what your opponet will do, you still have to beat it.

D. The effectiveness of this stragedy shouldn't be overstated. Plays are changed on the line by both offenses and defenses all the time.

E. Most teams have dummy play callers, or many other ways of hiding there play calling.

I didn't say they shouldn't get punished, but this is being overblown.