NKY fans: 7 PM start times versus 7:30? Which do you prefer?

Most of the teams in NKY have moved Friday night kick-offs to 7 PM versus 7:30 which was the standard.

After a heat delayed starting times first week, last Friday was the first with most teams kicking off at 7 PM.

I'll say this. The sun was brutal from 7 to about 7:45 because it was so bright and so low in the sky.

So which start time do you prefer considering all factors?

7:30 is about right, at least from this fan's standpoint. Remember that lots of folks have to get home from work, change, eat/tailgate, etc. Lots of road trips will be an hour or more (just ask Fleming County, our neighbors to the south, who travel to Cawood this week).

When it's as hot as it has been, the later time is almost a necessity, and when it's cold a half hour won't make any difference.

As I said, this from a fan's perspective. I wonder what the players and coaches prefer. Probably to get down to business ASAP.

7:30 is about right, at least from this fan's standpoint. Remember that lots of folks have to get home from work, change, eat/tailgate, etc.

:thumb: I agree. I wouldn't even mind pushing it back to 8:00pm. Dixie moved to 7:00 a few years ago, and I hate it. To make it home through rush hour, grab a bite to eat, and change, you're barely getting there for kickoff. Plus, happy hour starts at 10:00 and a 7:00 start just completely messes that up. :D

I think 8 would be the best time because it would be cooling off by then and be closer to being competely dark out, which I have always liked better because that means you start under the lights quicker..However I could see moving the time to 7 by the end of the year, when it gets dark earlier, but I dont think we should move up to 7 this early in the season...