Fantasy Team Evaluation/Trade Question

DragonFire

First my team. 12 team league, drafted from the 4th position. We redrew for position every other round (3rd, 5th, etc.) and then it would flip around normally (if I drew 1st in 3rd round I would draft last in 4th). Starters are 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK, 1 DEF:

QB - Matt Leinart, J.P. Losman, Trent Green

RB - Larry Johnson, Edgerrin James, Brandon Jackson, Adrian Peterson (CHI), Dominic Rhodes

WR - Roy Williams, T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Joey Galloway, Greg Jennings

TE - Vernon Davis, Ben Watson

PK - Olindo Mare

DEF - Baltimore

Not thrilled with my team, although I think I'm solid on the starters outside of QB. I went in with the intention of building RB depth but everyone in the league takes that tack, and it quickly became not worth it to pass on some other players. QB particularly upsets me as I had pegged Kitna for the 6th round and that's where he went: 1 pick before me to a guy who drafted his backup. And my reaction to that pick (not positive) is why he offered this trade:

He offered: Kitna, Jon DET QB;McAllister, Deuce NOS RB;Morency, Vernand GBP RB;Graham, Daniel DEN TE;Akers, David PHI PK

For: Leinart, Matt ARI QB;James, Edgerrin ARI RB;Rhodes, Dominic OAK RB;Watson, Ben NEP TE

He also has Marshawn Lynch which is someone I would consider instead of Deuce if I decided to accept. Any thoughts?

YES on the trade....

1. Kitna will throw a bunch & has Martz as OC. I like Leinart but Kitna should be better. PLUS I dont like my QB & RB from the same team.

2. Deuce will be as good or better than Edge. Saints have a great offense & he'll have numerous opportunties. Deuce is still #1 w/ Bush being more of the receiver. SOOO Deuce will get all goaline carries.

^ I don't know about that. He drafted Deuce in the 3rd (27th overall) and Lynch in the 5th (56th overall). He clearly thought more of Deuce or just really thought he'd fall that far. Personally, I have doubts about both in certain areas, but Lynch should be THE man in Buffalo whereas Deuce will be A man in New Orleans.

^ I don't know about that. He drafted Deuce in the 3rd (27th overall) and Lynch in the 5th (56th overall). He clearly thought more of Deuce or just really thought he'd fall that far. Personally, I have doubts about both in certain areas, but Lynch should be THE man in Buffalo whereas Deuce will be A man in New Orleans.

That's very surprising to me that Deuce went before Lynch in your draft. As you said, Lynch will be the man in Buffalo where as Deuce will be splitting carries with Bush in NO. If he would be willing to give you Lynch instead of Deuce, I think I would go that route.

NOOO keep Deuce. Marshawn is a rookie & you just dont know about him. We know Deuce is the #1 running back on a high powered offense. he'll get over a 1,000 yds & 10+ tds guaranteed (if he stays healthy). Marshawn is on an average team. if they get down, they will pass pass pass. Also, over the last few yrs. what did McGahee do in Buffalo?? do you really think the rookie Lynch is better than Willis??

First my team. 12 team league, drafted from the 4th position. We redrew for position every other round (3rd, 5th, etc.) and then it would flip around normally (if I drew 1st in 3rd round I would draft last in 4th). Starters are 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK, 1 DEF:

QB - Matt Leinart, J.P. Losman, Trent Green

RB - Larry Johnson, Edgerrin James, Brandon Jackson, Adrian Peterson (CHI), Dominic Rhodes

WR - Roy Williams, T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Joey Galloway, Greg Jennings

TE - Vernon Davis, Ben Watson

PK - Olindo Mare

DEF - Baltimore

Not thrilled with my team, although I think I'm solid on the starters outside of QB. I went in with the intention of building RB depth but everyone in the league takes that tack, and it quickly became not worth it to pass on some other players. QB particularly upsets me as I had pegged Kitna for the 6th round and that's where he went: 1 pick before me to a guy who drafted his backup. And my reaction to that pick (not positive) is why he offered this trade:

He offered: Kitna, Jon DET QB;McAllister, Deuce NOS RB;Morency, Vernand GBP RB;Graham, Daniel DEN TE;Akers, David PHI PK

For: Leinart, Matt ARI QB;James, Edgerrin ARI RB;Rhodes, Dominic OAK RB;Watson, Ben NEP TE

He also has Marshawn Lynch which is someone I would consider instead of Deuce if I decided to accept. Any thoughts?

I think this is a very very solid team, except for the Quarterback. I say TAKE THE TRADE (with Deuce)!!! A 1-2 punch of LJ and Deuce, with Kitna, Roy Williams, Houshmandzadeh, Vernon Daviz, Akers, and Baltimore's Defense would be good.

You would then be pretty deep in QB and RB. QB you would have Kitna and all his WR options and the new offense, Lossman who was one of the best in his last few games, and Trent Green who could turn it on possibly. Then the LJ-Deuce punch in the face. Edge is not as good as Deuce IMO.

Also Baltimore's D is only second to Chicago also.