Fantasy Team Evaluation/Trade Question

DragonFire

Don't ask me why I thought this may be a keeper league, but I did. Guess it's because I'm drafting one right now and that's how my thought process works. I'd actually stick with McCallister if you're in a redraft league, he'll probably out perform Lynch this year.

I think Edge will have a big year, and Duece will see fewer and fewer touches as Bush continues to improve. I think Leinart (and Losman for that matter) will be servicable QBs, so I would not make the trade. However, if you are set on Kitna, and are still weighing the Duece vs. Lynch thing, I think Duece may score more than Lynch in the first half of the season, but the tables will turn drastically in the second half of the season.

Definite YES on the trade. The sheer number of opportunities for Deuce to score will translate into him having a better season than Edge. Not only that, but your upgrading at QB to Kitna, who I also really like this year. And you get Morency to go with Jackson, essentially giving you the starter in GB(and a 3rd RB) no matter how that race shakes out. The only thing I might suggest is to remove the peripheral players such as the TE's and kickers, unless those are somehow "deal breakers". I see this all the time, someone throws in this TE and this kicker and somehow the deal is supposed to be sweeter??:lol:

Your team isn't bad at all. Though I don't see why you need 3 Qb's and 2 TE's.

And I'd personally rather have Edge then Deuce, so I'd say no to the trade.

I have three QBs because I'm taking a QBBC approach more or less. I think Leinart will be my starter most weeks with playing Losman on matchup possibilities. Green was more or less a flier that I took just in case he takes off this year. I'd say if he sits on my roster 4-5 weeks doing nothing that I'll drop him. The two TEs are due to roster requirements. We have 18 players maximimum, with minimums of 2 QBs, 4 RBs, 4 WRs, 2 TEs, 2 PKs, 2 DEF. Two extra roster spots can be used any way you please.

I appreciate the advice guys, though I ultimately went against the trade. The reason why was ultimately I feel deep down that Edge is better, at least potentially, than either of the two RBs he was offering me. Also, I think the improvement to his team was significant since he would have LT, Edge, and then Lynch as a backup, and this would come about by giving up a 6th round pick in Kitna that ultimately was just his backup QB. So that played into it somewhat. I may explore the idea of doing this trade further down the road since I think he'll still be open to dropping a backup QB at that point if it means an improvement.