Jordan Nevels to Highlands?

rhino

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by NamecipS

The thread title is "JORDAN NEVELS TO HIGHLANDS?" So why not discuss it. Obviously, it is quite possible this is going to happen. Otherwise this thread would've been shut down because of the rule about discussing rumors.

I do agree that nothing it certain until it actually happens. But it's fun to speculate about what could happen and what he might bring to the team.

If you've been a coach for over a decade, I'm sure there's been a time or two where you thought you might be getting a good player transferring in to your school. You can't tell me you didn't sit around with some of your friends and discuss what could happen on the field if you get the kid? It's human nature. That's pretty much what's going on here, except that it's in a public forum and not in the garage throwing back a few brewskies.

EXACTLY!

Originally posted by Birdsfan

My source with the program (and It's a good one) says this is happening, but as Oldbird said, people can and do sometimes change their mind.

Does that mean that he has already been cleared to play for Highlands next year by the KHSAA?

I don't know. That's why I'm asking. What constitues a "bonafide" change of address? How do you determine that the student isn't changing schools primarily for atheletic reasons? Does the KHSAA look at all instances of students transferring or does someone (SK administration?) have to challenge his eligibility before they will look into the matter?

Originally posted by shooter

Does the KHSAA look at all instances of students transferring or does someone (SK administration?) have to challenge his eligibility before they will look into the matter?

Why would SK challenge it? Highlands and SK are in different classes. The only way I would think they would challenge it is if he plays basketball. Does he play b-ball?

Originally posted by NamecipS

Why would SK challenge it? Highlands and SK are in different classes. The only way I would think they would challenge it is if he plays basketball. Does he play b-ball?

Yes. Or at least he did until all this transfer stuff started.

Here is a link from the KHSAA website rulebook regarding transfers. If I understand correctly that the young man is moving in with his brother, ie change of guardianship, Section C is quite interesting. It may not be as simple as simply moving in and/or changing guardianship. There has to be a just reason for such change (I'm starting to sound like an attorney). Hopefully, this has been looked into and the kid doesn't get in a jam.

Also, any transfer requires a tranfer form to be filled out.

http://www.khsaa.org/handbook/bylaws/bylaw6.pdf

Originally posted by Birdsfan

cshs1981 - I looked all over for that info and couldn't find it.

I've reviewed it a few times and I still have trouble finding it when I go to their site.

Now that you've found it, does it seem that its not as simple as simply moving in with your brother? Man, I hope this has been squared away. While I'm never looking for Highlands to get any better, I'd hate to see it at the expense of the kid.

Of course, if he wants a good Catholic education, I know of a school that also plays football.......

Originally posted by cshs1981

[bWhile I'm never looking for Highlands to get any better, I'd hate to see it at the expense of the kid.[/b]

If it were bad for the player it would be just as bad for the team. I don't think they would do something that would hurt a player to advance the rest of the team.

BTW...I guess you were talking about Notre Dame!:lol: